- Food and Cooking»
- Dessert Recipes
The Best Chocolate Cake You Will Eat In Your Entire Life
Moist. Chocolate. Cake. It's amazing. Seriously. There are no words for this immaculate creation. My husband and I love to work in the kitchen. This was the recipe we made on our first date together. Needless to say it has been a favorite of ours since then.
- 1 3/4 cup All Purpose Flour
- 2 cups Sugar
- 3/4 cup Cocoa Powder
- 2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 cup Buttermilk, shaken
- 1/2 cup Vegetable Oil
- 2 Extra Large Eggs, room temperature
- 1 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup Freshly Brewed Coffee, room temperature
- Preheat the oven to 350. Grease and flour two 8inch round cake pans.
- Add dry ingredients to a mixer and gently mix until combined
- Mix the Buttermilk, oil, eggs, and vanilla in a separate bowl.
- Slowly add the wet ingredients (except the coffee) to the dry ingredients in the mixer. Keep mixer speed on low until everything is incorporated.
- Turn off the mixer and add the coffee last, stirring only a little. The mix should be liquid. (We thought we had messed it up the first time, but it's meant to be wet!)
- Pour the batter into the pans and bake for 35-40 minutes.
Icing the Cake
- 6 ounces good sweet chocolate chips
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, at room temperature (Use the real stuff. Its cake. Do it right.)
- 1 extra-large egg yolk, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups confectioners' sugar (Sifted to break clumps)
Melt the chocolate either in the microwave or stovetop. Either in a mixer or by hand, whip the butter until fluffy, then add the egg and vanilla. Continue to stir the mixture and gradually add the sugar and then the chocolate last.