Salad Recipes-- Coleslaw without Mayo Dressing
Enjoy this Cabbage Salad
Salad Recipes: Start with Cabbage
Salad recipes also include cabbage which you can make a delicious coleslaw without using mayonnaise. This versatile and tasty salad can keep in the refrigerator for 4 days. Each day the salad marinates it becomes tastier. You can make this cole slaw in less than 30 minutes. You family and friends will rave about this cole slaw and beg for the recipe. My mother used to make coleslaw with this recipe and it is the only cabbage salad that we like.
Don't Forget the Blue Cheese
Olives Make the Salad
Ingredients for Coleslaw
- One head Cabbage, sliced thinly
- One large Red pepper, chopped
- One large Cucumber, peeled and chopped
- One Cup Crumbled blue cheese
- One Cup Green olives with pimentos, Chopped in half
- One-half Cup Olive Oil
- One-quarter Cup Red wine vinegar
- One Cup Dry roasted peanuts
- One Tablespoon Oregano, Basil, Thyme, Curry power, Seasoned Salt
- One teaspoon Cayenne pepper
- Salt and pepper to taste
Peanuts add a special taste and texture
- Slice the cabbage very thin with a sharp knife
- Chop the cucumbers and peppers in small pieces
- Chop the olives in half
- Crumble the blue cheese
- Mix all the salad ingredients except the peanuts
- Combine the olive oil, vinegar, water and spices.
- Blend in the blender until thoroughly mixed.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and mix thoroughly.
- Add the blue cheese and peanuts and gently toss in the salad.
Serve the salad well chilled with any meat, chicken or fish.This salad recipe is chocked full of vitamins, minerals and taste. You will be delighted to make the best coleslaw in the world.