- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes
The Best Easy Spanish Rice Recipe
Note: This recipe requires you to have cooked rice already prepared.
- 1/2 cup onions, chopped
- 1/8 cup water
- 2 cups rice, cooked
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup creamed cottage cheese
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1 4 oz. can of chilies, chopped
- 2 cups sharp cheese, grated
- 1 cup bell peppers, chopped
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. If you haven't done so already, prepare cooked rice.
- While the oven warms, began to saute chopped onions. Combine rice, sour cream, cottage cheese, and salt and pepper.
- Lightly spray a 9-inch x 13-inch baked dish with cooking oil. Next, layer half the rice, chilies and peppers, and half of the grated cheese.
- Add the rest of the rice and the remaining cheese.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes or until the cheese is hot and bubbly.
Recommended Main Dishes
- Crispy chicken: My favorite way to eat rice is alongside a Cajun chicken dish. Cajun seasoning is spicy and over-stated but rounds out well with soft food like rice. One of my own time-honored recipes is found here and compliments the creaminess of the rice well.
Of course, this recipe can also be made as a main dish, as it is flavorful and filling on it's own.