- Food and Cooking»
- Dessert Recipes
The Best Ever Butter Cookies
I have always LOVED butter cookies. I always had at least one box of the grocery store specials on my counter top during all special occasions, even if that just meant I was feeling good that day.
In my opinion, these are the absolute best cookies that have ever been created in the history of the Earth. Just recently I had these delicious cookies home-baked by a great friend of ours at at barbeque they threw for everyone.
Once again, they were amazing, and she had a recipe to share! You know I took it home and immediately had some amazing homemade butter cookies. It would have been a shame not to share this incredible recipe with you.
I have altered it a bit, per my preferences, like always, but they still came out amazing! I hope you enjoy them too!
My husband absolutely loves having fresh baked cookies ready for him when he gets home as often as I'm willing to make them. This is one of the recipes I'm asked to repeat over and over again!
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- pinch salt
- First things first. In a large bowl, cream your 1 cup of butter and 1 cup of sugar together, with a hand mixer, until smooth.
- Then add your vanilla and stir in well.
- In a separate medium bowl, sift together your dry ingredients (flour, salt, and baking powder).
- Pour your dry ingredients into your wet ingredients, and mix both into each other well, until you have a dough type consistency.
- Cover your bowl with saran wrap and refrigerate for about 1 hour in the refrigerator.
- In the meantime, preheat your over to 300 degrees F. Cover several cookie sheets in aluminum foil and spray all lightly with cooking spray to keep your cookies from sticking.
- When your cookie dough has chilled for an hour, remove it from the refrigerator and shape them into small 1/2" to 3/4" balls.
- Place each ball about an 1 1/2" apart on the cookie sheet.
- I suggested several cookie sheets to be prepared so that you can be preparing one while two are in the oven. If you have more cookies to bake, you can simply wait for the other two to cool before adding more cookie dough balls.
- Bake your cookies for about 20 minutes until just before they are golden brown on top. You don't want them in there long enough to fully brown.
- Allow to cool and then enjoy! Yummy! Yummy!
|Serving size: 2 cookies|
|Calories from Fat||45|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 5 g||8%|
|Carbohydrates 13 g||4%|
|Fiber 1 g||4%|
|Protein 0 g|
|Cholesterol 19 mg||6%|
|Sodium 55 mg||2%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|
This is such an easy and delicious recipe to make. There's no reason that everyone shouldn't have a fresh baked round of butter cookies at home, available at all times.
Warning: These are extremely addictive. Once you make them that first time, you won't want to be without them again. I found myself sitting at my computer thinking about nothing but butter cookies for days on end, until I got up and made some more.
These are definitely not for the faint at heart, or those with a serious sugar tooth. You're likely to gain 10 pounds or so by the end of this!