The Best Lime Cheesecake
I recently asked my mother-in-law for a simple dessert recipe for her son's (my husband) birthday. She knows quite well that I have a handful of recipes to my name which I enjoy making every now again and again..... Apart from these, you won't very often see me in the kitchen. As usual she came to my rescue with this delicious and I mean 'delicious' recipe.
It is so simple to make ( if I can make it anyone can) and best of all it does not require any baking.
If you are watching your waistline then I this probably isn't the recipe for you, unless of course you just fancy a very tiny slice .....
- 3 ounces or 85g Butter
- 9 ounces or 250g Ginger nut biscuits (cookies)
- 1 tin or 397g Condensed Milk
- 3/4pint or 15fl ounces Double cream/thickened cream
- 5 Limes
- 4 ounces or 100g Dark Chocolate
- Crush the ginger biscuits (cookies)
- Melt the butter in a pan and stir in the crushed biscuits. Press down firmly a loose bottom 9" tin. Finely grate the limes.
- Whisk together the remaining ingredients until thick and creamy, the lime juice will help to thicken the mixture. Spoon over biscuit base and chill for 1 hr.
- When set, grate dark chocolate (or any chocolate you like). I added strawberries, but I think any citrus fruit would go well with this dessert.
Loose bottomed tin
Electric Whisk - for extra quick results
Grater for the chocolate
Want to try something else? Great cheesecake recipe book