The Best Peanut Butter Cookies
Delicious and buttery cookies are always the best on a rainy day. These peanut butter cookies are delicious and fool-proof. Add Reese' Pieces or chocolate chips if you feel like adding a little more excitement to these cookies.
I use a kitchen scale to measure out my ingredients to ensure that the finished product is the same every time. Oven temperatures and cooking time may vary. In my current oven these cookies are perfectly soft and moist after nine minutes. In my last oven it took 10 1/2 minutes. Adjust the cooking time to your preference but remember that cookies continue to cook once they are removed from the oven.
- 270 grams peanut butter
- 225 grams unsalted butter
- 210 grams white sugar
- 210 grams brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 240 grams flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 50 grams instant vanilla pudding powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and set the oven rack to the middle position
- Blend peanut butter, butter, sugars, vanilla and eggs together until creamy
- Add in the baking soda, baking powder, salt and vanilla powder
- Slowly measure out the flour into a separate bowl and gradually add it into the wet ingredients. Do not overmix the batter but ensure it is combined well.
- Chill cookie dough for at least 2 hours. After dough is cooled make 30g balls of cookie dough and place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Gently press the dough balls with the back of a fork to make indents
- Bake in the preheated oven for 11-13 minutes. Cookies continue to bake after they are removed from the oven. Let rest on the baking pan for 2 minutes then transfer them to a cooling rack.