- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes»
- Pasta Recipes
The Best Three Meat Lasagna Ever
Keep them asking for more!
If you want them to rave about your dish then follow my directions to the max because I have people (especially the husband) begging for me to make this dish all the time! Not only do they beg me to make it all the time, but everyone always wants the recipe and until now I have never written it down for anyone to see. This is a large recipe because it is so good you are going to want to share with others so they can experience the delicious flavor with you. Oh and do not forget the garlic bread and salad to complete the meal.
- 2 Boxes Barilla lasagne noodles, No Boil Noodles
- 2 eggs
- 1-15 Oz container Ricotta Cheese, any kind
- 1-15 Oz container Cottage Cheese, small curd
- 2-16 Oz bags Mozzarella Cheese, Shredded
- 1 Cup Parmesan Cheese, grated
- 1 lbs ground beef, (or venison)
- 1 lbs ground sausage, Jimmy Dean (sage or regular)
- 1 package Pepperoni, sliced, diced, cut, little rounds
- 2 Jars Spagetti Sauce, your favorite flavor
- 1 tsp Basil, dried, chopped (or fresh)
- To Taste Salt & Pepper
- 1 Small Onion, chopped small
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Spray the bottom of 2-13 x 9 baking dishes.
- Begin by browning off the ground beef and sausage together in the same pan. Season with salt, pepper, and 3 teaspoons of basil. Once you are done browning the meat toss in the chopped onion until they are tender, and almost clear looking.
- In a large bowl pour in the 2 jars of spaghetti sauce, add the cooked meat and onion mixture and the package of pepperoni. (if you bought the large round pepperoni's please cut them in half first and separate them). Mix well. Set aside.
- In smaller bowl mix ricotta, cottage, 1 cup mozzarella, 1/2 cup parmesan, and 3 tsp of basil with salt and pepper to taste. Mix well. Add in the two eggs, mix, set aside.
- Now in one of the 13x9 pans take 1/2 cup of sauce and spread it all over the bottom of the pan. Then layer with 3-4 sheets of the lasagna noodle. Spread a thin layer of the cheese mixture on the noodles, but not too much, just enough to cover the noodles. Then a thin layer of meat sauce,and cover with a layer of shredded cheese. Once you get there start all over with the layers, noodles first this time, 3-4 noodles across, then cheese mixture, sauce, and shredded cheese. You will want 3-4 layers like this depending on the depth of your pan. Once at the top cover in shredded cheese and sprinkle with parmesan.
- Lightly cover pan with foil. You can spray your foil with cooking spray to prevent the cheese from sticking. Bake at 350 degrees for 50-60 minutes or until the cheese and sauce is bubbly. Remove foil (be cautious of the steam) let cheese brown about 5 mins. Remove from oven, let stand about 5-10 minutes before cutting.
- Serve and enjoy and do not forget to have seconds. This dish is delicious the next night too, that is if you have any left overs left anyway. Sometimes we make the two pans and eat it two nights in a row, just our family.
|Serving size: 3 oz|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|