The Best Vegan Pancakes
What do you drink at breakfast?
When I was a kid my father and I would get up every Saturday morning and make a warm stack of delicious homemade pancakes together. Not much has changed, I have to admit!
I still love to whip up a batch on the weekends, especially when I have homemade jam to slather them with.
The best thing about these pancakes? Well there really isn't just one thing! They rise beautifully, are wonderfully fluffy and the flavor is out of this world. Best yet there isn't a single stitch of dairy or eggs and yet they taste as if they're loaded with butter. I hope you enjoy these delicious, fool-proof pancakes as much as I do!
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 tsp salt, optional if you use salted butter
- 1-2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 3 tablespoons vegan butter such as Earth Balance, melted
- 1-1/4 or 1-1/3 cups vegan milk of choice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Mix the first 4 ingredients in a large mixing bowl with a balloon whisk. Make sure you work out as many clumps of flour as you can and that all of the baking powder is well combined.
- Melt the vegan butter in the microwave for about 30 seconds, or until it's completely melted.
- Measure out your milk of choice and pour it into the flour mixture. Pour in the melted butter, too. Mix until just combined as over mixing may result in tough pancakes.
- Preheat your skillet over a medium-high heat while the pancake batter rests for few minutes. At this time you may also turn your oven on at the lowest setting and place a tray in it to put cooked pancakes on. This keeps your pancakes warm while the others are cooking!
- Spray pan with cooking spray or coat it lightly with vegan butter. Pour batter onto the skillet with a 1/4 cup measuring cup for perfectly even pancakes, or ladle it out the old fashioned way.
- Cook until bubbles appear in the batter and then flip it to the other side. Continue to cook pancake until it's perfectly golden on either side, about 1 to 2 minutes.