- Food and Cooking»
- Quick & Easy Recipes»
- Quick & Easy Dinners
The Easiest Chicken Fried Rice You’ve Ever Made
Chicken Fried Rice is an awesome dish that can be made with literally no cooking experience and limited ingredients. Eat well and save yourself 10 bucks by avoiding the Chinese restaurants.
- Rice, Cooked
- 2-3 Chicken Breasts, Thawed
- 2 Eggs
- Soy Sauce
- Olive Oil
- Begin by cooking the rice. Generally a rice cooker works best. I have a small rice cooker that I typically fill about 2/3 of the way when cooking rice. This is enough rice to fill a large pan.
- The rice should take around 20 minutes to cook, so in the meantime, take a large saucepan or wok, place it on the stove and coat the inside with a thin layer of olive oil. Then turn the heat on to medium.
- While the pan is heating up, cut the chicken breasts into small pieces. I like a lot of chicken with my rice, so I will typically use 2-3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts depending on size. After you cut the chicken, put it into the sauce pan and cook until all pieces are completely white.
- Remove chicken from the pan and place on a plate, leaving the pan on heat. Add another thin layer of olive oil to the pan and scramble the two eggs. Place the scrambled eggs onto the same plate as the chicken, again leaving the pan on the heat. Add another thin coating of olive oil to the pan.
- By this time, the rice should be done. Transfer the rice from the cooker to the pan and stir it around while pouring soy sauce on it until all grains are colored a light brown. Now dump in the cooked chicken and eggs. Leave on heat, stirring constantly for another 2-3 minutes, adding soy sauce to taste.