The Everything Omelet
Everything Is a Plus
Everything is incorporated into this dish, including the potatoes. It takes very little time, and will leave you filled up even after strenuous activity. Take a chance on this omelet and you will make it again and again. Your guests will thank you, as well as your family. Remember that eggs are not just for breakfast any more.
- 1 medium potato, cut in 1/4" x 1/4" squares
- equivalent of 1 whole San Marcos canned jalapenos
- 3 eggs, well-beaten
- splash of water
- 3 slices pepper jack or Swiss cheese
- small onion, cut in rings and separated
- 2 tbsp oil for frying
- While cast iron frying pan is heating on medium, cut up potato, onion, and jalapeno. Then cook the potato and onion roughly seven minutes with a tablespoon of oil. Turn them once while cooking. Remove from frying pan and set aside.
- Beat eggs, and add splash of water. Milk will make your omelet watery, so stick with the water.
- Cook omelet on both sides with tbsp. of oil, then add cooked potato and onion, along with jalapeno and place cheese on top.
- Heat long enough to melt the cheese, and then proudly serve your omelet to yourself and someone else.