The Great Indian Recipes
Poha is one of the most favorite recipe of Indians. It is a mix of rice flakes with healthy green vegetables. It is a very easy recipe and can be made without much efforts.
- 2 cups Rice flakes (poha)
- One carrot, finely chopped
- half cup french beans, chopped
- half cup peas
- one tomato, choped
- half tea spoon turmeric
- half tea spoon black mustard seeds
- coriander leaves, finely chopped
- one-fourth cup peanut, roasted
- salt, as required
- one onion, sliced
- chop all the vegetables finely .
- roast the peanuts in one tablespoon oil until golden. remove the peanuts from the oil and use the same oil again for further use
- now add turmeric and the mustard seeds.After the seeds pop up add onion and fry till golden brown color is obtained. Now add all the vegetables and mix well and cover them so that they get cooked
- In the mean time, take 2 cups of flatten rice (Poha) and soak it in warm water for a minute. Now drain all the water by using a sieve. and allow the poha to dry.
- Check the vegetables if cooked. If they are cooked add the flatten rice (poha) and mix well. Add salt as per your taste and garnish with coriander.
|Serving size: 1 plate|
|Calories from Fat||72|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 8 g||12%|
|Saturated fat 1 g||5%|
|Carbohydrates 4 g||1%|
|Protein 6 g||12%|
|Cholesterol 0 mg|
|Sodium 490 mg||20%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|