The Happy Wife Cook Book for Guys - Chicken Livers with Apples and Onions
Add bacon to sauted onions and apples
Prep time: 15 min
Cook time: 25 min
Ready in: 40 min
Yields: serves four
- 1 pint chicken livers, thawed, washed and drained
- 1 large vidalia onion, chopped
- 1 large red delicious apple, peeled, cored, chopped
- 2 strips of bacon, cooked, drained, crumpled
- to taste salt pepper
- Two table spoons olive oil
You will need two sauté pans, and a spatula for this dish!
- In one pan cook bacon strips. Save drippings. Remove bacon from pan drain, crumple and set aside.
- In second pan heat olive on medium. Saute chicken livers in olive oil until no longer pink inside. Remove livers, drain and set aside.
- Place chopped onion in pan with bacon drippings. Saute until onions are opaque (About 8 - 10 mins)
- Add apples to onions and stir. Simmer until apples are tender. (About 3 - 5 mins)
- Add liver and bacon to apples and onion mixture. Stir gently, cover and simmer for 10 mins