- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes
The Happy Wife Happy Life Cook Book - Bacon Cheddar Potato Bisque
This recipe requires a high speed powerful blender. If you use the Montel Williams Health Masster Elite you can skip heating your bisque *step 7 in instructions) by using number 8 speed for 8 minutes.
- 2 large Golden Potatoes, Micro waved
- 4 strips Uncured Smoked Bacon, Fried/drained
- 4 oz. (1/2 of a block) Cracker Barrel Sharp Cheddar, chopped
- 1 stalk Celery, chopped
- 1/2 Large Onion, chopped
- 2 cloves Garlic, chopped
- 2 cups Organic Chicken Broth
- 1 cup Half and Half
- 1/2 cup water
- To taste Salt and Pepper
- garnish Parsley and Smoked Paprika
- Place bacon in frying pan on moderate heat.
- Put potatoes in micro wave set for 7 minutes. Set aside.
- While bacon and potatoes are cooking, chop up onion, celery, garlic and cheese.
- Remove bacon from pan and drain. Pour bacon fat from pan and melt butter in pan.
- Saute chopped veggies in butter til they are soft when pierced with a fork.
- Pour broth, half and half and place chopped cheese, potatoes, sauteed veggies and butter into high speed blender Puree til smooth.
- Pour blended mixture into sauce pan and heat on medium heat for 5-7 minutes stirring often. Pour into bowls, garnish with parsley and smoked paprika.