- Food and Cooking»
- Quick & Easy Recipes
The Happy Wife Happy Life Cook Book -Cream of Crab Soup
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 20 min
Ready in: 30 min
Yields: Makes six servings
- 1/2 stick butter
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 3 table spoons all purpose flour
- 4 cups half and half
- 3 teaspoons parsley flakes
- salt and pepper to taste (seafood seasoning can be used instead)
saute onion and garlic in melted butter
- Melt butter in large sauce pan using low heat.
- Place chopped onion and garlic in melted butter. Saute until onion is clear. Turn off heat.
- Pour four cups half and half into measuring cup.
- Put 3 table spoons of all purpose flour into a small bowl. Add salt, pepper and 2 teaspoons of parsley to flour, mix well.
- Pour flour mixture into sauce pan and use a whisk to blend the flour with the onion and garlic and butter.
- Slowing add the half and half on a gradual basis. Make sure you whisk to avoid lumps. :-)
- Turn up the heat to medium on the sauce pan, and using a spoon, stir the soup constantly (making sure you get the corners) until soup starts to boil.
- Turn heat down to low and stirring constantly, cook for 10 additional minutes.
- Pour soup into bowls and garnish with remaining parsley flakes.