The Most Amazing Chocolate Toblerone and Strawberry Cheesecake Recipe
Rate this recipe!
This is one of those super special dessert recipes where it is just better not to think about the calories and enjoy the total yumminess of the food! Because I'm pretty sure it's super calorific even with light cream cheese! But it is totally worth it as I have never tasted such a scrumptious and decident cheesecake in my life. I can't really lay claim to the recipe though as yet again it has come from my mother.
This would be the envy of any party, and no doubt would be the first plate on the table cleared. Make your friends jealous by turning up at a dinner party with this little baby or have it as the perfect dessert for a special occasion. A far more fun 'cake' than a sponge cake any day! Kids will love it as well so it is perfect for those fussy eaters, even they wont mind the fruit on top.
- 200g Digestive biscuits
- 100g Butter, Melted
- 300g Philidelphia light/Cream cheese
- 50g Caster sugar
- 170g Toblerone, Melted
- 200mls Whipping cream, Whipped
- 150g Fresh Strawberries, Halved
- Crush up the digestives until a fine crumble - I find it best to do this by placing them inside 2 freezer bags and crusing with a rolling pin or similar.
- Melt the butter on a low heat in the microwave or in a small pan, then place in a bowl with the crushed biscuits and mix well
- Grease an 8inch cake tin with a little extra butter then press the buscuit mixture into the base, until it is all covered and fairly even.
- To melt the Toblerone you can either heat for a minute at a time on a low power in the microwave or in a bowl over boiling water.
- While it is melting beat together the Cream Cheese and the sugar. Then fold in the melted toblerone and the whipped cream.
- Pour half the mixture onto the base and arrange a layer of strawberry pieces over it. Then repeat with the rest of the mixture and top with the last of the strawberries
- Place in a fridge to chill for at least 2-3 hours, even better over night.
- Slice, serve and enjoy!!