- Food and Cooking»
- Dessert Recipes
Best Ever Moist and Easy Coconut Cake Recipe - Guaranteed
An Easy Over the Top Moist and Creamy Coconut Cake
In a Pinch?
If you are ever in a pinch and need to make an incredible dessert, then this recipe is the one for you! It will not disappoint, as it is so moist and so easy, you will not believe that it is made from a box mix! Yes, I said made from a box mix. Believe it or not! Adding the Real Cream of Coconut Milk mixed with sweetened condensed milk after baking, makes this cake extraordinarily moist. It truly is the best coconut cake that I have ever tasted and it could not be any easier to make. You can trust me to not steer you wrong.
This over the top moist and creamy cake is by no means the fanciest cake. However, it is truly easy to make, extraordinarily moist and delicious, which is all that matters, especially when time constraints come into play.
One of my friends at work shared this recipe with me, and I made it at Christmas as one of the desserts, and it was gone in no time. It was certainly a hit with those who love coconut cake. Plus, it helped me too, as I needed the extra time to cook and prepare everything else for that wonderful meal and day!
Easy and Moist Coconut Cake Ingredients
- 1 box White Cake Mix, (I used Duncan Hines Classic White)
- 3 Large egg whites, Cake Mix Ingredient
- 1/2 cup Vegetable Oil, Cake Mix Ingredient
- 1 cup Water, Cake Mix Ingredient
- 1 (15 oz.) can Real Cream of Coconut Milk, (I used Coco Lopez)
- 1 (14 oz.) can Sweetened Condensed Milk, (I prefer Eagle Brand - Borden)
- 1 (8 oz.) bag Coconut flakes, (I prefer Baker's Angel Flake Coconut, Sweetened)
- 1 (8 oz.) container Frozen whipped topping, thawed, (I prefer Cool Whip)
Time to Start Making the Cake!
- Follow the instructions on cake mix: Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease sides and bottom of 13 X 9 inch pan with shortening or oil spray. I used a clear glass pan here. Flour lightly.
- Blend cake mix, oil and egg whites in a large bowl at low speed until moistened (about 30 seconds). Beat at medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Then pour mixture into 13 X 9 inch greased and floured pan. Bake for approximately 23 - 28 minutes. It is done when a toothpick inserted into the middle of the cake comes out clean.
- While still warm, poke holes into the baked cake with a utility fork.
- Mix together the sweetened condensed milk with the real cream of coconut milk.
- Pour the mixture slowly over the cake while still warm and into the poked holes.
- Once mixture is absorbed and cooled, just spread the Cool Whip on top of the cake and sprinkle with coconut as desired.
- Keep refrigerated.
Baked Cake Still Warm with Holes Poked into It
Pouring Real Cream of Coconut Milk/Sweetened Condensed Milk Mixture over Warm Cake with Holes Poked into It
Mixture of Real Cream of Coconut Milk/Sweetened Condensed Milk Poured over Warm Cake with Holes Poked into It
The Most Important Step for an Extra Moist Cake
Although, this mixture may seem like a bit too much when you are pouring it on top of the warm cake, you must allow the mixture time to absorb into the holes of the cake. This is the secret to what makes this cake so incredibly moist!
Real Cream of Coconut Milk/Sweetened Condensed Milk Mixture Has Absorbed into Cake
Have you ever used Real Cream of Coconut Milk in a Coconut cake recipe before?
Cake Topped with Cool Whip
Time to Sprinkle the Coconut on Top of the Cake!
A Matter of Taste
When adding the whipped topping and coconut flakes to the cake, it is totally up to you just how much you would like to add. Here, I only used an 8 ounce container of Cool Whip, which was plenty, and an 8 ounce package of coconut flakes. However, it is perfectly fine to double both if you so desire!
Time to Enjoy a Piece!
Time to Enjoy!
I do hope you remember this scrumptious recipe when you are in a pinch for time and you need an unforgettably moist cake recipe to please all, guaranteed!
Also remember to keep this cake refrigerated, and it will still be as moist as the first day you made it.
© Faith Reaper, April 3, 2014