The (Oldest) Most Original Meatloaf Recipe
The Original Meatloaf Recipe
What do you think of this recipe?
A Short Story Behind A Secret Meatloaf Recipe
The Oldest Meatloaf Recipe
I found it funny when I came across this little piece of paper. It was the secret meatloaf recipe to the best meatloaf I have ever had. I was surprised that I held in my hand the original best meatloaf recipe ever; the meatloaf that I compared all other meatloaf I have ever eaten. This recipe that I held in my hand was photocopied (obviously), because I'm sure the original was very fragile & its current whereabouts are unknown. This is the best meatloaf recipe.
The original meatloaf recipe is considered to have been destroyed many years ago.
The Secret Meatloaf Recipe
I was also taken by surprise, that the best meatloaf recipe is very simple to follow. This simple meatloaf recipe can be followed even by the most inexperienced. Honestly, after you make this meatloaf, you too will agree that this is by far the best meatloaf you have ever tasted.
I find it interesting that a simple meatloaf recipe can make some of the tastiest meatloaf I have ever eaten.
You know what would go perfect with this meatloaf?
The (oldest) Most Original Caesar Salad w/Dressing
A Simple Meatloaf Recipe
Although I am pretty sure this is the original meatloaf recipe (or at least part of it), because it calls for ketchup & brown sugar - this recipe is also unfinished:
- at the top of the recipe it calls for salt & pepper, but it does not say the amount
- the recipe is unclear of the size of the onion
(is this even important?)
- it does not state the amount of ketchup or brown sugar; if it's to be applied separately or mixed together; applied before placing meatloaf in the oven or after
- I also noticed it failed to mention anything about how much ground-beef is to be used (the main ingredient!)
Since the original meatloaf recipe is incomplete, I took the liberty to add what I thought would be sufficient. I hope you don't mind. I thought immediately about the other recipe I placed on HubPages called Chicken Mashed Potatoes, even though it was intended for chicken dinners (and since it was a "big hit)...I just made a guess - know what I mean? However, if you have any helpful suggestions, I would love to hear from you.
The Original Meatloaf Recipe
I strongly suggest using the or something rather similar if you plan on using a loaf pan. Other than that, I suggest forming the loaf by hand and placing it on a small grate above an oven pan. Chicago Metallic Commercial II Non-Stick 1-Pound Loaf Pan
Cook Time for the Tastiest Meatloaf
The Secret Ingredients to the Best Meatloaf Recipe
- 1 pound of beef, ground
- half of a large onion, chopped
- to taste salt & pepper
- half a cup of bread crumbs, crubbled
- 1 cup of ketchup, chilled, *optional, but recommended to taste
- 2-5 pinches of brown sugar, *optional, but recommended to taste
Follow these Special Instructions to make the tastiest Meatloaf
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees
- In a large bowl mix together the ground-beef, egg, bread crumbs, salt & pepper, and the chopped onion. Mix these ingredients well
- Place the ground-beef in a loaf pan, make an indent long-ways down the middle of the loaf (like a loaf of bread) *RECOMMENDED* Instead of placing in a loaf pan, let the loaf stand freely on a grate slighty above an oven pan, still putting an indent long-ways down the middle of the loaf (like a loaf of bread - again)
- When oven has reached 325 degrees place meatloaf as close to dead center of the oven as you can. Close oven door, check loaf no more than 3x's while cooking. It will give you bad luck
- Apply the ketchup and brown sugar mix to the top of the Meat Loaf as soon as you pull it out of the oven
This is the ORIGINAL Meatloaf Recipe
The Most Original Meatloaf Recipe
You can look at any other meatloaf recipe and notice that this recipe has probably the SAME EXACT ingredients...take a look! The difference is, critics, cooks and recipe makers will add a little of this, a little of that and say this IS what meatloaf is supposed to taste like...
Sorry Paula Deen, people didn't have the luxury of buying can goods, I can see maybe adding a little homegrown green bell pepper & tomatoes, but that's for "special company", like somebody from the church.
This is the oldest Meatloaf Recipe
I don't care what anybody else says, THIS IS THE OLDEST MEATLOAF RECIPE. Don't let the Food Network or their guru chefs tell you any different.
This is how you prepare old fashion meatloaf, this is how the old folks did it. There's nothing fancy about this recipe, there's nothing really fancy about a lot of TV chefs recipes if you think about it.
Original Meat Loaf Recipe Competition
Number One Meat Loaf
I know this is the best meat loaf recipe you're ever going to come across, it doesn't get more basic than this. If you're in need for a basic meat loaf recipe, then you're looking at it. There are going to be a lot of "big name recipe makers" who will claim to have the original recipe for meat loaf, but trust me - unless they have these basic ingredients, they don't.
My recipe has been knocked around in "search engines" since I've posted it about a month ago. Websites like allrecipes.com & annlanders.com & pauladeen.com, &c. all have revised their "old fashion meat loaf recipe" so that their meat loaf recipe is on the FIRST PAGE in nearly every search engine on the web.
Trust the meat loaf recipe you see before you; look at its ingredients - you can memorize them. This is the best, most original meat loaf recipe that's on the Internet. Don't be fooled by others who claim to have the oldest, most original meat loaf recipe, because it's right here.