The Perfect Quick, Easy, High-Protein, Low-Calorie Breakfast
In the Zone
Containing high amounts of easily digestible protein, whole grains, and calcium, this breakfast has become my daily regime.
- Whole grain bread, preferably from organic sprouted grains, wheat flour.
- 2 egg whites
- Fat-free cheese: Grated or sliced, but I usually choose the Sharp Cheddar, as I have found that the American tastes like nothing (to me, at least).
Quick and Easy
- Toast the bread lightly
- Slice up 2 egg whites and apply to the toast.
- (Optional) Add some fresh ground pepper.
- Top with fat free cheese.
- Broil for a couple minutes until the cheese melts.
- Bread: 80 calories, 1/2 gram fat, 4 grams protein
- 2 egg whites: 34 calories, 0 grams fat, 12.6 grams protein
- Cheese: 25 calories, 0 grams fat, 4 grams protein
TOTAL: 20.6 grams protein, 139 calories, and 1/2 gram fat
AND, might I mention, VERY filling and satisfying.
Tip: For a special treat, nutrition, and color, add a few slices of tomato on top.