- Food and Cooking»
- Cooking Ingredients
The Perfect Fluffy Pizza Dough Recipe
Making your own Pizza Dough at home is relatively straight forward and not as difficult as you may think. A home-made Pizza base is much nicer than the variety which you buy ready made. It is also great fun to get the family involved in Baking and preparation of Pizza.
The key to getting a delicious, fluffy, stretchy Pizza base lies in a few key-ingredients.
- Honey to get the base to go golden
- Garlic and mixed herbs for a deeper flavour and aroma
We normally use a stand mixer to prepare the base. They work a treat and take out the hard work from kneading the dough. However ti is not essential and much better exercise without!
- Stand Mixer with a dough hook
- Rolling pin
- Glass Bowl
- Cling film
- 1 pack instant yeast (approx 2 tsp)
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 cup warm water
- 3 cups strong white flour
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp mixed dried herbs
- Combine the yeast, salt, honey, warm water then mix well
- Add the oil.
- Then add 1 cup of the flour
- Start your mixer on a low speed to mix everything.
- Once everything is mixed, add the garlic and dried herbs.
- Then add the second cup of flour and start the mixer again
- Add the rest of the flour
- Continue mixing until you have a dough that is bouncy and springy
- Remove the dough from the mixer and place in an oiled bowl
Rest the dough in a warm place
- Cover the glass bowl with cling film
- Place the bowl in a warm area for 2 hours (for example in an airing cupboard, or on a chair outside a warm oven)
- The dough should double in size
Roll the dough
- Split your dough into the required size piece depending on the size of Pizza you are making.
- Roll on a floured work surface
- Top first with your Pizza Sauce (coming soon)
- Then add a think layer of cheese
- Then your toppings
- Then a final layer of cheese
- Bake for 20-25 minutes
A pizza stone is a great way to get a beautifully crusty pizza base