The Perfect Poached Egg on Toast
Rate my Poached Egg on Toast
This is made by using the silicone egg poachers, they are inexpensive to buy and come in a variety of styles and colours, and they make the best poached eggs. They are easy to clean and very durable.
- 2 Eggs
- 2 Slices of Bread, Toasted
- Butter, For the Toast
- Olive Oil, To Coat the Poachers
- Salt and Pepper
- Fill a large shallow pan half full with water and put on your hob. Hob on high
- Pour a small amount of olive oil into each poacher and smear all over, this helps the egg to come out cleanly and not to stick. Break the eggs into the silicone poachers, one egg per poacher
- Put the silicone poachers in the pan of water and put the lid on. The lid helps to cook them with the steam it produces. Hob on high
- Make the toast, if using a toaster put in the toaster if using the grill then grill
- Once the toast is done butter and the eggs will be about ready, to check, take off the lid and get a desert spoon and just move the edge of the egg, if it seems a bit runny in the middle leave a bit longer. It should be about 3/5 minutes depending on the size of the egg.
- To get the egg out, get a desert spoon and loosen the sides of the egg, and then just slide out onto the toast. You should get the perfect poached egg each time
- sprinkle with salt and pepper and serve..
Poached EggsClick thumbnail to view full-size
Poached Egg on Toast
|Serving size: 1|
|Calories from Fat||0|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|