The Powerhouse Omelet
This Will Stick to Your Ribs
Well, I don't know if I want this sticking to anything, but it will fill you up. I usually walk six miles a day, and something good and hearty is important to my well-being. If this can keep me happy for four hours, I must be doing something right. After this meal, along with a steaming cup of coffee, I can handle a 3-mile hike with the camera for a photo shoot, and my stomach isn't growling. This is one of my own personal recipes, and remember that eggs aren't just for breakfast anymore.
- 3 eggs
- 3 slices Swiss cheese
- 1/3 can Rotel chunky tomatoes and jalapenos
- spaghetti sauce to taste
- your favorite hot sauce to taste
- 2 medium potatos, sliced and chunked
- 1 medium onion
- Heat cast iron frying pan to medium, a good five minutes. Add one tablespoon of oil to pan.
- Beat three large eggs for omelet, cook both sides, roughly 2-3 minutes each side.
- Place the three slices of Swiss cheese on half of omelet, fanned out. Add 1/3 can of tomatoes and jalapenos. Close up omelet and allow to cook just long enough for cheese to melt and vegetables to warm.
- Pan fry chunked potatoes before omelet, approximately seven minutes on each side. Feel free to add salt and pepper, as well as sliced onions for extra flavor.
- Mix a few drops of your favorite hot sauce with the spaghetti sauce and place over the omelet to kick it up a notch.