- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes
The Tastiest Meatloaf Recipe you will ever make
Prep time: 15 min
Cook time: 55 min
Ready in: 1 hour 10 min
Yields: serves 5-6 people
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In saute pan over medium high heat, cook the onion and garlic in the 1 Tbsp of olive oil for about 6 to 7 minutes or until you see them turn translucent and soft. (Set them aside to cool completely)
- In a small bowl, tear small pieces of the bread (without the crust) and pour the milk over and mix it around a bit. Then set aside and let the bread soak up the milk. ( a few minutes)
- Once you see that the bread has soaked up the milk, grab a spatula, and start to kind of smush the bread down so that the bread kind of breaks down, but not too much.
- To the bowl of milk soaked bread, you will add the cooked onion and garlic, the parmesean cheese, parsley, worcestershire sauce, eggs, and finely the ground beef and salt & pepper. ( the reason why we do this is to work the beef as little as possible so we avoid that rubbery meatloaf some restaurants make..yukk) So just mix everything until everything is combined.
- Now you can either just use a cookie sheet with parchment paper, or some non stick aluminum foil (helps with cleanup later) or you can use a cooling rack over the cookie sheet. (whatever makes your heart happy is okay with me)
- So once you decided what method to use, you pour the meat mixture on top and form it into a loaf, and set aside.
- In a small bowl,mix together all the ingredients for the glaze. You can start by spreading the glaze with a spatula, and reserve the rest.
- Bake the meatloaf for about 40 minutes, take out the meatloaf and spread the remaining glaze and pop back in the over for another 15 minutes.
- Let the meatloaf rest, for at least 10 minutes before slicing it. I recommend serving it with mashed potatoes and some steamed broccoli and maybe some french bread. Yummy!
- 2Lbs Ground Beef, 93% Lean 7%Fat
- 1 cup Freshly grated Parmesean Cheese
- 1/4 cup Freshly chopped parsley
- 1 Finely chopped onion
- 4 slices of white bread, cut the crust off, you can also use like french bread, but use mostly the inside.
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- Dash worcestershire sauce
- To taste s & pepper
- 3/4 ketchip, For the glaze
- 2 Tbsp tomato paste, For the Glaze
- 1 tsp garlic powder, For the Glaze
- 1 tsp onion powder, For the Glaze
- 1/4 Cup brown sugar, For the Glaze
- 1 tsp paprika, For the Glaze
- 1 tsp dried mustard
- 1 Tbsp olive oil