- Food and Cooking»
The Top 5 Health Benefits of Drinking Coffee
How many cups of coffee do you drink daily?
We All Love Coffee
Coffee has many benefits in helping as a natural preventative maintenance agent. Many years of trying to proof that coffee is unhealthy has taken a turn for the better, much of the observations done on those drinking coffee on a regular basis has much better results in terms of health. Here we will look for the top 5 reason why you should drink coffee every day. Coffee has less than two (2) calories but what you add into it makes the difference, try to use less sugar and reduce fat or fat free milk or creamer. Some of the benefits are related to the caffeine that is found in coffee, but much of the other benefits are from the antioxidants in the coffee. When we talk about coffee we are not referring to Starbucks beverages. Coffee may have its benefits but if it’s drank while smoking, it will cancel out the benefits. There have been many studies done from year to year trying to look for other benefits as well. If you are looking for any definitive proof that coffee is good for blood vessels it may be an indefinite wait.
Top 5 Reasons To Keep Drinking Coffee
- Alzheimer’s Disease and Dementia risk are reduced. There were studies done with light to moderate drinkers, and the results were those that drank coffee moderately which were about 3 to 4 cups a day had a significantly less chance to get Alzheimer or Dementia.
- Strokes and Ischemic and Subarachnoid Hemorrhages has been researched to be lowered than those that do not drink coffee, the reduction is about 15 to 16 percent. The antioxidants from coffee is said to shield or provide protection to the brain’s blood vessel from certain cholesterol and preventing the person to develop blood clot in the brain. Although hemorrhagic strokes did not reduce with any amount of coffee consumed.
- Heart Diseases and Cardiovascular Diseases are reduced by about 23 percent when drinking about 2 to 3 cups of coffee a day. Although the caffeine increases the blood pressure it did not post any risk of increasing cardiovascular diseases. Coffee is supposed to help with endurance and also helps block out pain.Whether for exercises or video games, caffeine has proven its worth.Those that drink coffee regularly may need more as they will most likely burn out before those that do not normally drink.
- Diabetes are reduced by almost 50 percent with a consumption of about four cups a day and each additional cup is suppose to add about another seven percent.Coffee has a component which exhibits inhibitory affect on toxic hIAPP(human islet amyloid polypeptide) formation which is found usually in the pancreas.The hIAPP is found in people with type II diabetes, it was suggested that the hIAPP is connected to the loss of insulin secretion and Beta-cells in type II diabetes.From research, each cup of coffee consumed daily will lower the risk of type 2 diabetes by 7 percent.And additional cups are supposed to stack percentages.
- Liver Cancer and Cirrhosis, one of the products of caffeine is praxanthine, has been able to slow the growth of cell tissues in liver cancer, alcohol cirrhosis, and liver fibrosis.
Much of this is done with keeping yourself healthy as well, not just depending on coffee alone. And again coffee can be healthy providing sugar and cream or milk is added sparingly, so be weary the amount you dump into your coffee. Most of the diseases that it helps are the ones that seem pretty common and this is easily a nice way to prevent it, all you need to do is drink coffee or tea. Tea contains the same property as coffee but at a lower caffeine level.
There are two things to watch out for when drinking coffee for health benefits.
- Be wary of what you put in, sugar, milk, cream, etc. Too much calories can easily negate any effects that coffee can offer.
- Try to use filter coffee instead of boiling it, this is to filter out the low-density lipoprotein or LDL
Thanks for reading, please leave any comment or opinions, it would be appreciated.
Not into coffee than try tea
- Top 10 Benefits of Drinking Tea
Tea has been mention so often when health topics come up. It's no mystery that tea is indeed healthy. Any kind of herbs will always have benefiting factors but what kind of benefits do they have and can it help you. Some might find natural healing f
Other articles that might be of interest
- Reasons why drinking coffee might not be a benefit
Some people feel that drinking coffee is bad and very bad, but that also depends on the person. Bad for one might not be for others and vice versa. Some things we must know if we are to continue doing what we do, like having that nice fresh cup of co
- Top 10 Reasons to Stop Drinking Soda
Everyone loves to have a soda every now and than, but what about those that drink it everyday. That is a few cans everyday. Understand how bad it is and how it affects you.