The Ultimate Bloody Mary Cocktail Recipe
Bloody Mary cocktails are a bit of an art. The ultimate Bloody Mary is so much more than just vodka and a store bought mix. This cocktail should be a meal in and of itself. Made with celery, bacon, and bleu cheese stuffed olives, this Bloody Mary recipe certainly fits the bill!
Perfect for a Sunday brunch!
- 4 slices thick cut apple wood smoked bacon
- 4 celery sticks
- 1 lime
- bleu cheese stuffed olives
- dash of celery seed
- 3 spicy V8 cans, (The juice pictured is too thin, canned V8 works better!)
- grated Parmesan cheese
- cracked black pepper
- Worcestershire sauce
Mix it up! (makes 2 awesome Bloody Mary's)
- Start with 2 pint glasses filled with ice and add vodka to taste. I usually fill the glass about 1/3 of the way full.
- Add V8 to fill the glasses about 3/4 full. You need to save room for all the other awesome stuff!
- Set aside 2 of the bacon slices for garnish. Chop the other 2 slices split between the two glasses.
- Add a dash of celery seed, cracked black pepper, and Worcestershire sauce to each glass. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese to taste. Stir up and give it a taste. Still a little bland? Add more celery seed, pepper, or Worcestershire. A little bit of olive juice is good, too.
- Cut the lime in half. Save half for garnish, then squeeze juice from the other half into each glass.
- Mix or shake to blend ingredients.
- Add celery stalks, bleu cheese stuffed olives, a slice of bacon, and a lime wedge to both glasses. Sprinkle the top with a little more Parmesan cheese and enjoy!