The Ultimate Tea Library!
First ill go over the basic benefits of the different types of tea's. This is important because there are so many different types of tea's that are all good for different things. Have a headache? There's a tea that can help with that! Need some extra help in your weight loss plan? There is tea's that will help boost your metabolism and help burn some of that unwanted fat! Having a hard time falling asleep? You bet- there's tea for that too!
The benefits are almost endless and besides that- who doesn't love a nice hot cup of tea?!
- Oral Health: The TTHRA (Tea Trade Health Research Association) says that black tea reduced plaque formation and bacterial growth.
- Heart Health: Research studies show that individuals who consume three or more cups of black tea per day have a 21% lower chance of having a stroke than those who drink one or less cups a day.
- Antioxidant Power: Black tea is packed full of healthy antioxidants that help block DNA damage from harmful chemicals from tobacco and other negative substances.
- Possible Cancer Prevention: Some research suggests that the antioxidants in black tea may help prevent some types of cancers. Common research also suggests that women who drink black tea regularly have a significantly lower chance of ovarian cancer than those who do not.
- Lower Risk of Diabetes
- Substantial Stress Relief
- Increases our Immune Response
- Healthy, Happy Digestive Tract
- Increases Energy AND Happiness!
- Increases Metabolism: So there you have it... Green tea increases our metabolism! We should be drinking green tea EVERYDAY!
- Regulates our Glucose levels
- Heart Disease: Reduced chance for heart disease and Esophageal Cancer.
- Bad/Good Cholesterol: Reduces bad cholesterol and increases the good!
- Brain Cell Protection: Recent studies in mice showed that green tea protected brain cells from dying and even restored some damaged cells. (Although that's in mice and not humans - just imagine what it does for us!)
- Tooth Decay: Antioxidants found in green tea can destroy bacteria and viruses that cause throat infections and other dental conditions.
- Reduces High blood pressure!
- Depression: "Thiamine" is an amino acid found in tea leaves- which is also known for its calming/relaxing abilities.
- Anti-Viral & Anti-bacterial!
- Skin: Green tea is also known to help with wrinkles and fine-lines from aging, as well as sun-damage and possibly even acne!
- Antioxidants: Like other tea white tea is known for its antioxidant power- Protecting your DNA from damage, and even slowing down aging.
- Cancer Prevention
- Lower Blood Pressure
- Lower Cholesterol
- Heart Protection: Against stroke and heart attack ad well as helping with your circulatory system. Often called "a magic heart tonic" because studies show that people who drink white tea regularly had a 50% lower chance of dying after a heart attack.
- Stronger Bones: Increases bone density and strength!
- Anti-Viral & Anti-Bacterial
- Teeth & Gums: Fights against gum disease, bacteria, plaque buildup, tooth decay, and bad breath!
- Skin: Fights sun-damage and damage from stress, as well as acne and may even be able to reverse some damage.
- Reduces Stress
- Increases Energy
- Weight Management: Oolong tea is highly effective for controlling metabolism and the fat in our bodies. Oolong tea activates certain enzymes which attack fat cells in the body.
- Antioxidant Power: Protects cells from further damage and may even repair some damage. May also fight cancer cells and help with diabetes.
- Heart Health: Stroke prevention
- Arthritis: Oolong tea is beneficial for those with arthritis because it is known to help with bone density and strength as well as aiding in repairing.
- Skin: People with eczema can highly benefit from Oolong. As well as people with dermatitis, acne, dry-skin and wrinkles.
- Healthy Bones
- Stress Management: Greatly reduces stress and depression- relaxing abilities.
- Mental Performance: Improves mental performance and alertness.
- Weight: Helps maintain or even lose weight.
- Colds: Have a cold? Try some hot tea! Herbal tea is good for helping get over the common cold.
- Sleep: Aids in healthy sleep habits and relief from mild insomnia. Relaxing abilities!
- Digestive Tract: Helps with constipation, colic, and flatulence. Also most herbal tea's are diuretics (meaning makes you have to pee a lot) which are absolutely fantastic if you are trying to lose weight, detox, or get clearer skin!
- Nausea Relief: Especially tea's with ginger and peppermint flavors can help with nausea! (Great for pregnant women- peppermint tea was one of my favorites during pregnancy!)
What is your favorite tea?
Herbal Tea: No caffeine Decaf Tea: 5mg White Tea: 10mg Green Tea: 20mg Oolong Tea: 30mg Black Tea: 40mg
Compared to a regular cup of Joe: 135mg Compared to a cup from your favorite coffee shop: 250mg
Loose Tea: Strained after brewed or used in a special container for steeping. Tea Infusers/Bags: Steep or brew. (I like to steep and occasionally bob my bag up&down.
TOP-SECRET: The truth behind your tea's strength
The secret that's keeping you from that perfect cup of tea: Amount over Steep time!
Its quite simple. Although many people don't understand the concept - it is the secret to your tea's strength! The longer you steep will notmake your tea stronger or more flavorful! The secret is the amount of tea you are steeping! If you want a little flavor stick with one bag or the equivalent to it but if you want a lot of flavor or a powerful kick in your day try two or even three bags!
You should NEVER have to alter your steeping time!
You'll thank me later! ( You're welcome!! )
Now that you know my secret behind a better cup of tea - I can move onto steep times!
These are the times that I use- I also use a hot water brewer when I make my tea so my water tends to be VERY hot! I like my tea to be pretty hot- but if your temperatures differ from mine than you may need to alter these times to what works best for you. Although I did try to keep an open timeframe for this exact reason.
Green: 2-10 minutes
White: 2-3 minutes
Yellow: 2-3 minutes
Oolong: 5 minutes
Black: 5 minutes
My Ultimate Flavor Guide: give your taste buds what they want!
Make your taste buds happy today with one of these amazing tea choices! This is a list of some of my favorite teas, along with their brands, what form they come in, and their caffeine level - all categorized into categories that you will be familiar with- which will make it easy to find what you are looking for!
NOTE: If you are a herbal tea lover or more into fruity flavors then you will love my list for you!
- Black Tea - by Lipton - Teabag
- Irish Breakfast - by Twinings - Teabag
- Prince of Wales - by Twinings - Teabag
- Assam - by Two Leaves Tea - Sachet
- English Breakfast - by Bare Tea - Sachet
- Honey Black Tea - by Health & Tea - Loose tea
- Golden Monkey - by Teavana - Loose tea
- Green Tea Classic - by Bigelow Tea - Teabag
- Green Tea - by Lipton - Teabag
- Gunpowder Green Tea - by Numi Organic - Teabag
- China Green - by Tazo Tea - Sachet
- Japanese Sencha - by Bare Tea - Sachet
- Dragon Well Green Tea - by Novus Tea- Sachet
- Top Leaf Green Tea- by Mellow Monk- Loose Tea
- Jade Cloud - by Rishi Tea - Loose Tea
- Gyokuro Imperial Green Tea - Teavana - Loose Tea
- Chinese Oolong - by Bigelow Tea - Teabag
- WuYi Mountain Oolong - by Foojoy - Teabag
- Tikuanyin - by Ten Ren Tea - Teabag
- Tung Ting Oolong - by Teapigs - Sachet
- Mokey Picked Oolong - by Teavana - Loose Tea
- Iron Buddha - by Simply Good Tea - Loose Tea
- White Tea - by Ten Ren Tea - Teabag
- Shoumei White Tea - by Foojoy - Teabag
- Pearl White Tea - by Revolution Tea - Teabag
- White Tea - by Twinpeak Tea - Teabag
- White Tea Blueberry&Elderflower - by English Tea Shop - Teabag
- White Peony - by Two Leaves Tea - Sachet
- Pia Mu Tan - by Novus Tea - Sachet
- Organic Silver Needle White Tea - by Teavivre - Loose Tea
- White Whisper Tea - by Royal Tea of Kenya - Loose Tea
- Hunan Gold - by Adagio Teas - Loose Tea
- Junshan Yinzhen- by Harney&Sons - Loose Tea
Earl Grey: for a grey day.
- Earl Grey - by Twinings - Teabag
- Aged Earl Grey - by Numi Organics - Teabag
- Earl Grey - by Tazo Tea - Teabag
- Double Bergamot - by Stash Tea - Teabag
- Sapphire Earl Grey - by Novus Tea - Sachet
- Earl Grey Full Leaf - by Tazo Tea - Sachet
- Earl Grey - by Lipton - Sachet
- Earl of Bengal Tea - by Teatulia - Loose Tea
- Earl Grey Crème Black Tea - by Teavana- Loose Tea
- Cozy Chamomile - by Bigelow Tea - Teabag
- Chamomile Herbal - by Celestial Seasonings - Teabag
- Pure Chamomile - by Twinings - Teabag
- Chamomile - by Harney&Sons - Sachet
- Chamomile - by Two Leaves Tea - Sachet
- Calming Chamomile - by Octavia Tea - Loose Tea
- China Jasmine Green Tea - by Foojoy - Teabag
- Jasmine Green Tea - by Trader Joes - Teabag
- Jasmine Blossom Tea - by Stash Tea - Teabag
- Jasmine Petal - by Two Leaves Tea - Sachet
- Organic Spring Jasmine - by Mighty Leaf Tea - Sachet
- Dragon Pearl Jasmine - by Harney&Sons - Loose Tea
- Jasmine Dragon Phoenix - by Teavana - Loose Tea
- Honey Bush - by Numi Organics - Teabag
- Organic Honey Bush Herbal - by Stash Tea - Teabag
- Organic Honey Bush - by Assam Tea - Loose Tea
- Peppermint Herbal - by Celestial Seasonings - Teabag
- Mint Medley - by Bigelow Tea - Teabag
- Green Tea with Mint - by Bigelow Tea - Teabag
- Sleepytime Tea - Celestial Seasonings - Teabag
- Refresh Mint - by Tazo Tea - Teabag
- Refresh Mint Full Leaf - by Tazo Tea - Sachet
- Chocolate Hazelnut Decaf Black Tea - by Stash Tea - Teabag
- Coconut Mango Oolong - by Stash Tea - Teabag
- Mocha Nut Mate - by Adagio Teas - Teabag/Sachet/Loose Tea
- Coconut Macadamia Herbal Nut Tea - by Hawaiian Islands Tea Company - Teabag
- Nutty Almond Cream - by Tiesta Tea - Loose Tea
- Naturally Nutty - by Adagio Teas - Loose Tea
- Cherry Almond - by Stash Tea - Loose Tea
Fruit Infusions (..Finally!)
- Country Peach Passion - by Celestial Seasonings - Teabag
- Black Cherry Berry - by Celestial Seasonings - Teabag
- True Blueberry - by Celestial Seasonings - Teabag
- Lemon Zinger - by Celestial Seasonings - Teabag
- Raspberry Zinger - by Celestial Seasonings - Teabag
- Orange & Spice - by Bigelow Tea - Teabag
- I Love Lemon - by Bigelow Tea - Teabag
- Pomegranate Pizzaz - by Bigelow Tea - Teabag
- Dry Desert Lime - by Numi Organics - Teabag
- Cinnamon Apple Chamomile Herbal - by Stash Tea - Teabag
- Strawberry Pomegranate Red - by Stash Tea - Teabag
- Acai Berry - by Stash Tea - Teabag
- Wild Raspberry Hibiscus - by Stash Tea - Teabag
- Dragonfruit Devotion - by Teavana - Loose Tea
- Berry Kiwi Colada - by Teavana - Loose Tea
- Fruta Bomba Green Tea - by Teavana - Loose Tea
- Youthberry White Tea - by Teavana - Loose Tea
- Raspberry Riot Lemon Mate - by Teavana - Loose Tea
- Citrus Lavender Sage - by Teavana - Loose Tea
- Raspberry Pineapple Luau White Tea - by Teavana - Loose Tea
- Weight To Go! Pur-erh Tea - by Teavana - Loose Tea
- Pineapple Berry Blue Tea - by Teavana - Loose Tea
- Peach Tranquility - by Teavana - Loose Tea