- Food and Cooking
The Wolfgang Puk WPER0010 Electric Combination Skillet, Roaster, and Fryer: The Electric Skillet Reborn
My very old and reliable electric skillet finally stopped working; the power cord actually disintegrated, and I needed to find a replacement. Having an electric skillet in the kitchen is one of the best ideas, it is a versatile appliance, able to be used as a stand alone when your kitchen stove is full of other pots or pans or the electric skillet can be placed right on your dinner table, keeping your creation warm during dinner.
One of the best electric skillets on the market is actually a three-in-one product; The Wolfgang Puk WPER0010 Electric Combination Skillet, Roaster, and Fryer. Just the name Wolfgang Puk gives an image of amazing dishes being created in this skillet, the spirit of his cuisine built into this appliance. This is a professional quality product in every way, the Wolfgang Puk WPER0010.
High quality construction includes the legs and frame being very sturdy with a solid feel. The cooking pan itself is thicker and is removable for easy cleaning either by hand or in the dishwasher; all the parts are dishwasher safe. Inside you find an embossed nonstick cooking surface which heats up fast and cooks any foods evenly. The nonstick surface is easy to clean and allows for lower fat food cooking choices.
Three in One Cooking Appliance
One appliance with so many uses including cooking up a breakfast, to grilling sandwiches for lunch, then anything from grilling foods to a casserole type dish for dinner. You can do it all with this one great Skillet.
Included is a trigger-release adjustable temperature probe which allows for a range of cooking temperatures from "keep warm" to 425°, a high-domed lid for when a large roast is being cooked, a baking rack, and heat resistant sides and handles for safety. The Wolfgang Puk Electric Combination Skillet, Roaster, and Fryer measures approximately 15-1/2 by 22-1/5 by 10-4/5 inches and comes with a 1-year limited warranty.
Pork Chops and Potatoes
This is one of my family's favorite dishes which I cook in my electric skillet and it is so easy both in preparation and cleanup.
- 6-10 boneless medium thickness pork chops (bone-in will do fine also)
- 2 cans Cream of Mushroom Soup
- Medium Onion sliced
- 5-6 Potatoes, sliced into about 1/8" slices
- Powdered Sage
- Using the FRY setting, evenly brown the pork chops and set aside.
- DON'T CLEAN the unit as the small browned parts will add to the flavor.
- Set the Wolfgang Puk Electric Skillet to about 250° for a slow and long cooking cycle.
- Blend the Cream of Mushroom Soup and Water in the skillet, add the onion then season with the pepper and sage to taste.
- Add Potato Slices and pile the browned Pork Chops on top.
- Put the domed lid on and let it cook until the potatoes are done as well as the pork chops. I usually let it simmer at the low temperature at least 45 minutes.
The taste of the browned pork, onion, potatoes and soup combine for a delicious filling dinner. Add a nice type of hearty bread and a salad.