- Food and Cooking»
- Food Markets & Shops
The Best Easiest Fish Curry Ever
Original Fish Curry Recipe
This recipe is authentic and basic which is used in Pakistan and Bangladesh on daily basis. Masalah or sauce is made with onion,tomato, garlic and ginger. Almost every curry sauce is same, made with these four ingredients. Any vegetable or chicken, mince, meat can be added in this sauce to make that specific curry. When I am in rush I use fried onions, which you can get from any asian store. They make excellent gravy in minutes without runny nose and eyes. Any fish can be use as in this recipe.
Importance of fish in our diet
Fish is a basic source of protein. It has vitamin D which is very important for our body, specially for those living in countries like UK, where sun is a luxury and everyone seems to have vitamin D deficiency. Fish is also rich is in calcium and phosphorus and a contains minerals such as iron, iodine, magnesium, and potassium.Try to eat fish once a week to keep yourself healthy.
Easy Fish Curry From ScratchClick thumbnail to view full-size
Do you like this fish curry?
Fish Curry Ingredients
- 6 Fish fillet, cut in medium size cubes
- 2 medium Onion, chopped, (I used fried)
- 2 Tomato, can use canned tomato
- 3 cloves Garlic, crushed
- 3tbsp Oil
- 1tsp Salt
- 1tsp Red chilli powder
- 1/2tsp Turmeric powder
Method Of Easy Fish Curry
- Heat the oil and add onion, fry one minute then add garlic followed by tomatoes.Cook for few minutes until tomatoes mix up well and leave the oil.
- Add salt, chilli and turmeric. Now add fish and put lid on your pan. Fish will leave water slowly, so cook it in its own water. It won't take longer then 20 mints on medium heat.
- Let it simmer for 20 mints, cook till it becomes a thick gravy. You can add a little water if required.
- Serve hot with plain boiled rice or naan bread.