- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes
The delicious Fish Curry
Fish is very beneficial to our health
Fish is high in proteins,it is a rich source of minerals and vitamins,it is also an excellent source of omega 3 fatty acids.Oily fish have highest amount of omega 3 fatty acids.Fish oil reduces the risk of heart disease.Fish protects us against a number of diseases and disorders from heart diseases to depression,to problems of eyesight, to cancer.
Delicious Fish Curry:
- 1kg Fish
- 2 tbsp Oil
- 2 tsp garlic paste
- 2 tsp ginger paste
- 1 chopped onion
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 2 tsp coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp red chilli powder
- 1 tsp garam masala
- salt to taste
- 1 cup tomato puree
- 1 tsp fenugreek seeds
- 2 tsp green fenugreek
- 1/2 cup green coriander
- Marinate fish in turmeric powder and salt for 5 minutes.
- Then take 1/2 tbsp oil in a pan and lay the fish pieces in it.Shallow fry until pinkish red.Then take out the pieces.
- Now pour the rest of oil into pan.Add fenugreek seeds.When these turn pink,add chopped onion.
- Wait for chopped onion to become pink.
- Meanwhile,prepare the masala. To prepare the masala,take ginger garlic paste,turmeric powder,coriander powder,red chilli powder,garam masala,salt,tomato puree and half cup water in a bowl.
- When the onion turns pink,add masala preparation and saute over medium heat until golden brown.
- Add fish pieces to sauted golden brown masala.
- Saute slightly,then add 1 glass water to it and bring to a boil.
- Add chopped green fenugreek to it
- Cook on low heat until oil comes on top.
- Garnish with green coriander and serve.
Fish Curry Tips:
1)The fish pieces should be washed with salt water to get rid of foul smell of fish.
2)If the fish pieces are deep fried before adding to curry they will not break.
|Serving size: 1 cup|
|Calories from Fat||99|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 11 g||17%|
|Saturated fat 2 g||10%|
|Unsaturated fat 5 g|
|Carbohydrates 5 g||2%|
|Sugar 1 g|
|Fiber 1 g||4%|
|Protein 30 g||60%|
|Cholesterol 77 mg||26%|
|Sodium 405 mg||17%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|
Health benefits of Fish
Fish is high in protein,rich in omega 3 fatty acids and low in fat.
Researchers suggest that regular intake of fish,1 to 2 servings a week reduces the risk to many type of diseases,for example childhood asthma to prostate cancer.Research suggests that regular intake of fish reduces the risk to following diseases and disorders:
1. Asthma:Children who eat fish are less likely to have asthma.
2. Cancer: The risk to many types of cancers is reduced by fish by 30 to 50 percent because it has omega 3 fatty acids.
3. Diabetes:Fish helps diabetic patients manage their blood sugar levels.
4. Brain and Eyes:Omega 3 fatty acids contribute to the health of retina of eyes and brain tissue.
5. Heart disease:It reduces blood clotting,improves blood vessel elasticity,lowers blood pressure and boosts good cholestrol.
6. Depression:Those who eat fish are less likely to develop depression.
7. Dementia:Elderly people who consume fish are less likely to have dementia.
8. Prematurity:Pregnant women who consume fish are at lower risk of delivering premature baby.
1. Crispy Fish Fry
Fish pieces: 5
semolina: 1 cup
rice flour: 1/2 cup
ginger garlic paste: 1 tsp
salt to taste
lemon juice: 1/2
garam masala: 1/4 tsp
oil to fry
1. Mix semolina and rice flour.
2. Marinate fish cutlets with ginger garlic paste and masala for 10 minutes.
3. Heat oil.
4. Cover fish cutlets with semolina and rice flour mixture and fry on both sides.
5.Serve with green chutney or chilli sauce.
2. Fish Fingers
250 gm of boneless fish cut in the shape of fingers
1 tbsp vinegar
2 tsp ginger garlic paste
1 tbsp soya sauce
1 tbsp tomato sauce
1 tbsp chilli sauce
salt to taste
1 egg white
1 tsp pepper powder
1/2 cup bread crumbs
1 cup plain flour
1-2 tbsp oil for deep frying
1. Marinate fish with all ingredients of marination.Keep it aside for 4 to 5 hours.
2. Lightly beat egg white.
3. Bread crumbs should be mixed with plain flour.
4. Dip fish pieces in egg white and then cover the piece with breadcrumb mix.
5. Deep fry fish pieces in oil.
6. Serve hot with tomato ketchup and chilli sauce.