- Food and Cooking»
- Quick & Easy Recipes
Gluten-Free "No Mayo" egg salad sandwich!
The no mayo egg salad sandwich
The "No Mayo" egg salad!
- 1 avocado, ripe
- 4 eggs, hard boiled
- 2 tablespoons onion, minced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 to 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon, freshly squeezed, add one tablespoon first, then taste.
- 2 tablespoons mustard, I like german style
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese, I used English Cheddar with wholegrain mustard and ale
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, finely ground
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper, finely and freshly ground
The "No Mayo" egg salad sandwich
- Boil , cool, and peel eggs. Scoop out avocado and add the mustard, lemon juice, minced garlic and onion, salt and pepper. Stir all the ingredients together.
- If using bread, I like to toast the bread, then add the egg salad. Now sprinkle some cheese on top and pop it back in the toaster until the cheese is brown and bubbly. This takes about 5 more minutes.
No mayo egg salad
I like to just boil a whole dozen eggs at a time. This way you can whip this sandwich out super fast and the extra eggs can be snacks throughout the week. I have kept this salad over night in the refrigerator and although it can turn ever so slightly brown, it's still delicious the next day.
To pick a ripe avocado, hold it top to bottom with your forefinger and thumb. It should yield ever so slighty to the touch. Please don't pick them up and start squeezing away at the body. It leaves bruises on the avocado you can't see until you scoop it out.
This recipe is also perfect for a party dip. Serve it with veggies, crackers or small pieces of whole grain bread. I hope you like it as much as my husband. He doesn't like mayo so this is perfect and WAY better for you!