The Old Fashioned Madeira Cake
Why do I need the old recipe?
You might be wondering what you can do with a recipe as old as this. well, I will tell you the truth, I have added to the recipe, removed from it, increase some ingredients and also decrease some in my quest for better recipes and it has helped me a lot,i hope it helps you too. Selah!
- 175g butter
- 175g sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 lemon, grated
- 225g baking flour
- 11/2 tsp baking powder
- 2tbsp Water
- 300g butter
- 1000g confectionery sugar
- 4tbsp milk
- 1tsp vanilla
- Preheat your oven to 160°C, 325°F. Sieve all dry ingredients.
- Cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the grated rind of lemon.
- Beat in the egg one at a time (adding a little flour with each egg after the first).
- Fold in the remaining flour and baking powder.
- Gently fold in Water to give a soft, dropping consistency.
- Place in a greased pan. (7 inch cake pan).
- Bake for about 1hr 30 mins.
1. Cream your butter until pale
2. Pour in the confectionery sugar
3. Add the vanilla flavor
4. Cream until thick, then add in you milk for a lighter consistency.
Calories breakdown per servings
|Serving size: 108g|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 36 g||55%|
|Saturated fat 21 g||105%|
|Unsaturated fat 11 g|
|Carbohydrates 31 g||10%|
|Fiber 5 g||20%|
|Protein 8 g||16%|
|Cholesterol 280 mg||93%|
|Sodium 186 mg||8%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|
This content is accurate and true to the best of the author’s knowledge and is not meant to substitute for formal and individualized advice from a qualified professional.
© 2019 miracle jokeen