The perfect Irish fry and best hangover food.
Hangover food is always greasy.
The morning after the mental drinking session, and the big question isn't "oh my god what did I do last night?" if like me you die of the worst hangovers you will be thinking - Do I eat? can I eat? what will I eat?
The best answer is Yes, Yes and a massive, greasy, runny fry. There is nothing more proven to help your hangover the next day.
Here is my view of the best option.
- 2 - 3 Pork or Beef Sausage
- 2 Free range large eggs
- 1 Tin Baked beans
- 1 Soda farl or soda bread
- 3 Slices of back bacon
- 2 Poato bread
- 4 Slices of black or white pudding
- To start you will need to get a large frying pan and put some cooking oil on it. Alternatively you can use olive oil but cooking oil is usually better. Turn the heat up full and once warm enough add your sausages.
- Once your sausages have been cooking for about 5 minutes take one of your eggs, break it into a bowel and give it a bit of a whisk. Cut your soda bread in half length wise and cover each side in the egg. Now stick them into your frying pan with your sausages.
- Make sure to keep turning both your sausages and soda bread. Add your bacon now and after about 5 mintues your soda bread should be nicely cooked on both sides, remove them to a plate and stick the plate in your grill to keep warm.
- Take your potato bread and do the exact same as your soda bread, covering in egg and putting into your pan, again this should take about 5 mintues to cook.
- About 5 mintues after adding your bacon it should be ready, remove it and put it on the warm plate with your soda bread. Before you take out your potato bread stick in the pan a few thick slices of black or white pudding.
- At this stage your sausages should be well cooked through, take them out and leave on the plate with the other items. Now is the time to stick your baked beans in the micorwave for 2 minutes. Once you have your sausages and bacon done put a bit more oil in your pan and break open your last egg, cook on both sides for only 1 minute each.
- Remove your black/white pudding and egg from the pan to your warm plate and that is you.
This is your basic Ulster fry but everyone will have their own twist on it, like adding fried tomotoes or mushrooms but I think this is the best.
Always remember to use plenty of red sauce or alternatively HP sauce depending on your preference and the final item has to be a massive mug of coffee with as many teaspoons of sugar in it as you can take.
You will find that after 10 minutes of finishing your fry off that your hangover will be more or less gone and your stomach a lot larger....