How to make a candy from Egg Yolk
This is another candy dessert that we acquire from the Spanish time. It is most loved by children. A great present for everyone.
Yema is a mixture of condensed milk, butter and peanuts. In some versions, it is perfect to mix with fruits like jackfruit and durian.
Wrapping could be the hardest part for me at first, had to roll it over on hand. You can form the yema in any shapes you want. Most common are in ball shape, square and pyramid wrapped with colorful cellophane. In parties, some would put a toothpick on it instead of using cellophane.
It is already available in supermarkets packed in 25 to 50 pcs. It would cost P50.00 per pack, depends on sizes.
It's is a good start for those who want to engage in a small business, you just need a small amount.
- Cellophane- for the wrapping
- Wooden Spoon
- 1 can Condensed Milk
- 3 tbsp Butter, unsalted
- 1/4 cup Peanuts, Finely Chopped
- 3 pcs Egg Yolks
- Melt the butter on the heated sauce pan. (set the heat to medium(
- Add the condensed milk, stir for 3 minutes.
- Add the egg yolks. Continue stirring for 2 minutes. Observe the texture, when it becomes thick, add the chopped peanuts. Adjust the heat.
- Turn off the heat and let it cool. Scoop it using a spoon and put it on your palm, roll and create a ball shape yema.
- Transfer it to a cellophane wrapper.