- Food and Cooking»
- Quick & Easy Recipes
The Worlds Best Grilled Cheese Seriously
If I Could Marry A Sandwich...
If I could marry a sandwich, then I've got just two words for you: I Do!
I first fell in love with this sandwich last summer, after enduring one of those breakups that make you want to take up kick-boxing. However, instead of kick-boxing, I chose to take up cooking. But, I couldn't cook just anything. No way, José. I was going to find all of the best recipes for the yummiest, gooiest, most delicious grilled cheeses ever created. So after quite a bit of blog browsing and 'Pinterest'ing, I came across a recipe for a grilled cheese with sliced potatoes in it, and I was beyond intrigued.
The first time I made this little piece of heaven, I made only one mistake. That I only made one. (And the last time I made this little piece of heaven, I made only one mistake as well: Forgetting to turn the stovetop fan on while frying potatoes, resulting in my alarm system being set off, and the fire department showing up at my door. Haha. At least I offered to make them sandwiches...) Obviously there are two major lessons to learn from my experiences. First of which is to make sure to open a window or turn your stovetop fan on while frying potatoes. Second, always, always, make more than one.
So this is my version of the best thing to ever happen to a grilled cheese (and to my mouth). I call it "The Loaded Baked Potato Grilled Cheese: A.K.A. The Husband Sandwich". Enjoy!
- Sourdough Bread
- Extra Sharp Cheddar Cheese, Sliced
- Potato, Thinly sliced
- 2 Strips of Bacon
- Sour Cream
- Olive Oil
- Slice your extra sharp cheddar cheese and your potato. I slice enough of both to cover one slice of bread.
- Distribute olive oil into frying pan on high heat and add sliced potatoes. (While potatoes are frying, I microwave my pre-cooked bacon, though you may cook your own bacon if you please.)
- Place fried potatoes on paper towel and dab gently with another paper towel to remove any excess oil.
- Spread sour cream on inside of both slices of bread. Add cheddar, potatoes, and bacon.
- Assemble sandwich. Spread Butter on outsides of sandwich.
- Grill. Flip. Grill. Enjoy!