Things To Know About Culinary School
When I was 16 I got early acceptance into one of the best culinary schools in the country. It was a great experience but also a lot different than I expected. If you are looking into culinary school than here are some things to think about and that shocked me a bit.
- Just because you can cook at home, don't go in acting cocky. Teachers will pick up on this and be extra hard on you.
- This is not just a class you go to and come home. There are tons of things to learn and you will have to practice techniques over and over again in the kitchen and at home.
- It is a lot harder then you think, they work you hard in those classes. You will be sweating and about to pass out by the end of the day.
- They are always willing to help, that is one thing I learned is that they are strict but they are happy to help.
- Show up on time and be ready with everything that you need. If you don't you will be sent home.
Culinary school is so challenging but also really rewarding. I didn't write this to discourage you from doing this but I think that you should be prepared. Culinary school is not for everyone but if you are passionate about this and can't go a day without thinking about it then do it.
Best of luck and here's to making your dreams come true!