- Food and Cooking»
- Cooking Ingredients»
- Fruit Ingredients
This Is What You Do With All That Zucchini.
This process is not hard to do. You can use as few or as many cut up zucchini as you want to process. You can cut any shape, or slaw size that you want. I like to cut my zucchini into french fry size pieces.
It took me a few years to get this recipe just right. I use gloves, so my fingers don't get much green on them, since I've been known to cut up over thirty zucchinis at one time.
I've been hunting down Zucchini for a few years because for the past few summers we have been in a drought condition. My sister calls me... "Francesca the Zucchini Hunter." I pop up all over the Eastern Shore of Maryland and Delaware, searching for Farm Stands. As soon as I spot a basket full of Zucchini, I'm ready to make a deal! There is always a look of shock when I offer to buy all the Zucchini that's there. My offer is just under insulting, however, the farm stand seller usually sees things my way. Either they sell the zucchini to me or they might just have to take them back home at the end of the day.
I do this with Yellow Squash and Eggplant. The process is the same for all three vegetables.
Just follow my instructions and this winter when you crack open a jar of your Pickled Zucchini, that summer time feeling will encircle your face!
These pickles are great in a salad, as a side or in your favorite sandwich.
Until we meet again...Francesca27
Cook Time (No Cooking)
- 8-10 medium size Zucchini, Cut into French Fry Size Pieces
- 1 Quart Distilled White Vinegar
- 1 Quart Water
- 1/4 cup Kosher, Pickling or Sea Salt
- 2 cups Olive or Vegetable Oil
- 1 bulb Garlic, Sliced-
- Peel and cut the Zucchini into French Fry size pieces. Put the cut Zucchini in the bottom of a turkey roaster or large non-reactive bowl. Mix the water and vinegar in a pitcher. Add the salt. Pour over the zucchini, mix well. Plact the top of the turkey roaster upside down, or if you use a bowl put a smaller bowl on top of the zucchini mixture. Weigh the top down with a brick or heavy dish. (be sure the zucchini is covered with the water/vinegar/salt mixture.) Add more equal parts of water/vinegar until it slightly covers the zucchini. Wait 24 hours.
- Drain the Zucchini mixture. Place some zucchini in a linen or cotton kitchen towel.) Squeeze out as much vater/vinegar as you can. Place squeezed zicchini into a clean bowl. Add the sliced garlic and just enough oil to cover and mix the zucchini and garlic.
- Pack any size, washed and dried jar with the Zucchini/Garlic mixture. Pour olive or vegetable oil into the jars to fill up to 1/2 inch before the top of the jar. Seal with washed and dried lids and store up to one year in your kitchen cabinet. No need to refrigerate or freeze.
- Simple Survival Guide with Storage Item Suggestions, Necessary for the 21st. Century.
This survival guide with added storage item suggestions has saved my family thousands of dollars and many less trips to the markets. In fact we hardly go grocery shopping in the winter months. When we do go shopping we never buy more than 4 or 5 item
- How to Easily Make a Free Pot Scrubber out of Recycl...
Make Free Pot Scrubbers out of Recycled Fruit and Vegetable bags. In just four steps you can make pot scrubbers, easily. You will never buy a sponge again.
- How to SAVE Hundreds of Dollars a year by making Homemade Liquid Laundry Soap in 4 easy steps.
Now is the time for cutting down on commercial spending. We started by making our own, homemade, liquid laundry soap. It's easy, simple and for now only cost us, (family of two) just under $20. . . for an entire Year! There are many methods available
- Awesome and Easy Recipe to Make Delicious Pinto Beans. (From Dried or Canned Pinto Beans.)
My meatless pinto bean recipe will put a smile on the bean lovers in your family. It will also be welcomed at any picnic that requires you to bring a covered dish. Give my recipe a try and make the world smile!
- Low Cost, Homemade Fabric Softener in 5 Easy Steps.
Everyone I teach how to make this money saving homemade fabric softener never goes back to buying the store bought brands.
- Organizing Skills for Lasting Simplicity, In 8 Easy Steps.
There is nothing better than finding things at your fingertips! Organizing your life in a simple manner will save you time, money and energy. Try my 8 easy steps to help you organize your life.
- Yes, this is the Best Ever Grilled Bar-b-q Spare Ribs Recipe with Secret Sauces.
Try my cherry pie filling barbeque sauce and left over ham packet sauce and then watch your family or guests smile at the wonderful barbeque ribs that you serve at the next gathering.
- Easy, Corn off the Cob, Corn Fritters
With very few ingredients you can make Old Fashioned, Fresh Corn Fritters. Corn Fritters make a quick side dish that children and fussy husbands like. Corn Fritters are better than french fries or chips and don't take very long to put together. Most
- Pickled Yellow Squash...An Amazing Recipe For What T...
If you've ever wondered what to do with all that squash your neighbors, friends or family have been giving you, then this is the recipe for you. With a little effort you will have delicious pickled squash to enjoy this winter. You will smile when you
- What to do with all those CUCUMBERS... Get your Jars Ready...Here they come!
Once your cucumbers start to appear there is no stopping them from needing to be harvested. Our method is quick and produce some of the best tasting pickles that you've ever tasted. They need to be kept in the fridge and will last a few weeks so give