Three Award Winning Slaws
All American Cole Slaw
Here's one of the favorite slaw's made all over the southern United States and served with Barbecue and Seafood. It really is a great recipe and almost everyone who eats it loves it. Try it and see what you think.
For Your All American Cole Slaw You Will Need.
1. 2 Pounds Green Cabbage Shredded Fine.
2. 4 Tablespoons Apple Cider Vinegar.
3. 1 Cup Dukes Mayonnaise.
4. 1 Medium Purple Sweet Onion Grated.
5. 4 Large Carrots Peeled And Shredded.
6. 2 Tablespoons Celery Seeds.
7. 1 Teaspoon Salt.
8. 1 Teaspoon Black Pepper.
9. 1 Teaspoon Sugar.
You want your cabbage and carrots to be shredded in small thin strips. It will be much better this way than grated. You want to be sure that you use a purple sweet onion and not a regular yellow onion.
Once you have your slaw made and put together you will want to refrigerate your slaw in a covered plastic container for a minimum of 6 hours before you serve.
Sweet And Sour Cole Slaw Recipe
Here's a recipe for sweet and sour coleslaw that I love. Its wonderful with all kinds of fried seafood and its really a easy recipe that anyone can make in no time at all.
For Your Sweet And Sour Slaw Recipe You Will Need.
1. 1 Small Head Green Cabbage Grated.
2. 1 Small Head Purple Cabbage Grated.
3. 4 Carrots Peeled And Grated.
For Your Sweet And Sour Slaw Dressing You Will Need.
1. 1 Cup Plain Yogurt.
2. 1/2 Cup Buttermilk.
3. 2 Tablespoons Mayonnaise.
4. 2 Tablespoons Apple Cider Vinegar.
5. 1 Tablespoon Sugar.
6. 1 Tablespoon Dijon Mustard.
7. 1 Teaspoon Celery Seeds.
8. 1 Teaspoon Ground Cayenne Pepper.
9. 1 Teaspoon Salt.
10. 1 Teaspoon Black Pepper.
You want to mix your cabbage and carrots together in a bowl and in another bowl mix up your sweet and sour slaw dressing and then stir it into the cabbage mixture.
Once you have your slaw put together place it in a covered plastic container and place it in the refrigerator for a minimum of six hours.
This slaw is wonderful with fried seafood's. It is so delicious.
Asian Coleslaw Recipe
Here is a really delightful Asian Coleslaw Recipe that almost everyone agrees is the best Asian Coleslaw that they have ever tasted. If you like cooking Asian foods this coleslaw recipe should give you a wonderful tasty dish to serve along with your other Asian food dishes.
For Your Asian Coleslaw You Will Need.
1. 6 Cups Grated Green Cabbage.
2. 3 Cups Grated Purple Cabbage.
3. 3 Cups Grated Napa Cabbage.
4. 2 Red Bell Peppers Very Thinly Sliced.
5. 2 Yellow Bell Peppers Very Thinly Sliced.
6. 2 Green Bell Peppers Very Thinly Sliced.
7. 4 Carrots Peeled And Grated.
8. 1 Small Bunch Green Onions Including Tops Diced Fine.
9. 1 Tablespoon Fine Minced Ginger.
10. 1 Tablespoon Fresh Minced Garlic.
11. 4 Tablespoons Rice Wine Vinegar.
12. 4 Tablespoons Olive Oil.
13. 6 Tablespoons Creamy Peanut Butter.
14. 2 Tablespoons Soy Sauce.
15. 2 Tablespoons Brown Sugar.
You will want to make up your coleslaw and place it into a covered plastic container and chill overnight before you serve. Be sure that you chill this slaw overnight. And before you serve it the next day stir it all up well. The peanut butter is the secret ingredient in this recipe and it really adds to the flavor.
This is my favorite slaw on the page and I love it. Make it and see what you think of this delicious Asian Coleslaw.
Do You Know How Wonderful Cabbage Is.
Cabbage is an amazing source of beta carotene. Cabbage contains very important substances like Iodine , Zinc , Iron , Magnesium , and Iron. Cabbage is also a great source of fiber. Cabbage also contains vitamins A , B , C , and E. Cabbage also contains great amounts of potassium and selen.
Cabbage is very easy to grow and its grown all over the world. In some people cabbage its self helps to promote weight loss which is great. Its believed that it is the high vitamin C content that promotes weight loss in some people. cabbage can be cooked many ways and while this hub page is about coleslaw's made from cabbage there are many other ways to cook and enjoy cabbage.
Also if you have never heard about the Cabbage Soup Diet then you really need to now. Especially if you need to drop a few pounds.