- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes»
- Seafood Recipes
Tilapia with White Rice Recipe
Tilapia is a great white fish to have for dinner. It’s a cheaper substitute for salmon and taste just as good. It’s very healthy and doesn’t need a lot of additions to bring out the natural favors. Depending on where you live, you should be able to get it, fresh or frozen, year round. This recipe is for a complete tilapia and white rice dinner for four. This is a healthy, fast very delicious dinner. It takes less than an hour to make and with very little difficulty. NOTE: If you wish, you can make wild or brown rice instead of white rice.
4 Tilapia fillets
1 ounce lemon juice
1 teaspoon cracked black pepper
1 Green pepper, julienned
1 Red pepper, julienned
1 teaspoon vegetable oil
1 cup white rice
2 cup water
1 tablespoon unsalted butter
1. Pre-heat the oven to 375 degree f.
2. Spread the oil in a baking dish or pan.
3. Place tilapia fillets next to each in the pan.
4. Top fish with the cut peppers.
5. Sprinkle with lemon juice, and pepper
6. Bake uncovered for 25-30 minutes, until fish is flaky.
7. While fish is baking, make rice: In a small pot with a lid; bring the 2 cups of water to a boil.
8. Add butter and allow to melt.
9. Add rice, and give a quick stir.
10. Reduce heat to low.
11. Cover and cook for 15-20 minutes, until water is fully absorbed into rice.
12. Serve fish with peppers and rice.
More Recipes by Edgar Arkham
- Chicken Tamale Pie
This is my version of one of my father's mexican food recipes. I changed some ingredients to make it less heavy and fatty. Enjoy.
- My Recipe For Shepard's Pie
I decided to share a favorite recipe of mine for Shepard's Pie. Hope you like it as much as I do.
- Homemade Deviled Eggs Recipe
Here is a recipe for easy homemade deviled eggs.They are great for a party and simple to make. Enjoy!
- Quick and Simple Tuna Casserole Recipe
Here is a simple and easy recipe for a tuna casserole. Great for a day of the week. Enjoy!