Tin Fruit Cake
Tin Fruit Cake
Tin Fruit cake the idea came to me when I was cleaning my pantry I saw a tin fruit staring at me and saying eat me or I will be sitting in the cupboard forever... Personally I love tin fruit but then on the other hand my husband doesn't...now you get the picture ok let's start baking.
Tin fruit cake with icing
- 1 Tin 400g Tin fruit
- 1 1/2 cups Self raising flour
- 1 cup Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 100g Butter melted
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla essence
- 1/4 Cup Currents/ sultans/ raisins
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees. Grease and line a cake pan.
- Using a electric beater beat eggs until pale and fluffy. Add sugar little by little while beating until well combined
- Add melted butter, vanilla, and fruit juice from the tin fruit and currents beat until combined
- Add flour slowly by slowly while beating until all is combined.
- Fold in tin fruits until all is mixed. Pour this into the greased pan and bake for 30mins on 180 degrees or until cooked through.
- Cool for 15 mins in the pan and then take it out to cool on the wired rack. Once cooled ice it using your favorite icing or enjoy plain with tea or coffee.
You can also use packet cake mix either butter cake or vanilla cake mix . I prefer making it from the scratch as there will be no preservatives.
Other recipes from Asweeni's Kitchen
- No Gelatin Marshallow
I found this recipe on Facebook which didnt require gelatin to my surprise I decided to try it. When I was reading the recipe it wasnt clear as it didnt have any timings or exact measurements.
- Rice Bubble Slices or Bar
A very easy and cheap recipe to do at home. Its one of the kids favorite. You can also make them into different colours as well. The best part is you can use homemade marshmallows as well in this recipe.
- Coconut Milk Chicken Curry
Chicken cooked in coconut milk and spices one of the delicious curry to have. Not only thai people use coconut milk in their curry but indians also use coconut milk. This is a fiji indian curry.
- Choc ripple
The easiest cake ever to make. I am a big fan of biscuits, I love to create thing with biscuits. So here is my creation of choc ripple cake. Once you try this you wouldnt want to try anything else. This is a classic Australian cake. There's zero baki
Marshmallows are every childs favorite candy to snack on, not only kids love it but adults do to. Marshmallow is whipped to a spongy consistency and then cut into small cubes or piped like I did you can do any shapes to suit you.
Dhal is indian lentils soup. Great dish for vegan and vegetarians. Lentils are full of vitamins and minerals. Great dish for kids and very easy to make.
- Chicken Tikka
Chicken tikka is a dish that was very popular in India and Pakistan but now all around the world as well. Originally chicken tikka is cooked in a clay oven called tandoor, since it is not available around the world most people just use the ordinary o
- Dates Cake Stickydate pudding
Dates cake or stickydate pudding you cant say no to. A very soft and moist cake. Quick and easy to make having a guest coming over quickly whip up a dates cake. Have some dates in the pantry and dont know what to do make dates cake. A great cake to m
- Madras Chicken Curry
Madras is a place in south india... Madras curries are usually very spicy... in my recipe here I have used store bought Madras curry powder.... will soon do a Madras curry powder recipe soon.
- Bara Vada
In fiji we call it Bara, in india they call it lentil Vada. A very simple and easy recipe to make you can make this recipe in just a few hours time. If your in a hurry and dont have time to soak the spilt peas overnight, then just soak it in hot wate
- Semolina Idly
Fiji style semolina idly. There are different styles of idly most of them are made with rice and urdh dhal. Semolina idly can be made on the day in half an hour. Not only it taste good but it is also easy to make.