- Food and Cooking»
- Dessert Recipes
Tin Fruit Cake
Tin Fruit Cake
Tin Fruit cake the idea came to me when I was cleaning my pantry I saw a tin fruit staring at me and saying eat me or I will be sitting in the cupboard forever... Personally I love tin fruit but then on the other hand my husband doesn't...now you get the picture ok let's start baking.
Tin fruit cake with icing
- 1 Tin 400g Tin fruit
- 1 1/2 cups Self raising flour
- 1 cup Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 100g Butter melted
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla essence
- 1/4 Cup Currents/ sultans/ raisins
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees. Grease and line a cake pan.
- Using a electric beater beat eggs until pale and fluffy. Add sugar little by little while beating until well combined
- Add melted butter, vanilla, and fruit juice from the tin fruit and currents beat until combined
- Add flour slowly by slowly while beating until all is combined.
- Fold in tin fruits until all is mixed. Pour this into the greased pan and bake for 30mins on 180 degrees or until cooked through.
- Cool for 15 mins in the pan and then take it out to cool on the wired rack. Once cooled ice it using your favorite icing or enjoy plain with tea or coffee.
You can also use packet cake mix either butter cake or vanilla cake mix . I prefer making it from the scratch as there will be no preservatives.
I have been told that you should use only half the packet cake mix to get a great texture.
© 2014 Asweeni's Kitchen