- Food and Cooking»
- World Cuisines»
- Southeast Asian Cuisine
How To Make Tocino
Tocino is one of Filipino dishes which is favoured by many Filipinos and usually served during breakfast. This type of dish is characterized by marinating meat (pork or beef) in a bowl with many ingredients added into the sauce. Many Filipinos are fond of cooking this type of dish just to make it for their business since it has delicious and satisfying taste.
Tocino is just another influence of Spaniards to our cooking process when they invaded our country many years ago. It is basically derived from the Spanish word ‘bacon’ which simply means cured meat.
Actually, its preparation is not that complicated since it’s not that time consuming. But you need a lot of patience before you can immediately cook it because you need to wait for it to be cured and be refrigerated for at least 3 days. So now, here is a recipe on how to prepare and cook pork tocino which is another variety of tocino.
You will need:
× 4 kilograms pork (meat, round or butt)
× ¼ cup garlic (minced)
× ½ cup anisado wine/ anisette
× ½ cup salt
× 1 cup pineapple juice
× 1 cup water
× 3 cups sugar
× 2 teaspoons of curing salt
× 4 teaspoons of phosphate
× 2 pieces ascorbic acid tablets (crushed)
Here’s how to cook:
1. Mix all together all the ingredients (except pork) into a bowl. Be sure to mix it well.
2. Add the pork and let it be submerged into the mixture.
3. Put the pork into a container then cover it.
4. Place it into a refrigerator and leave it for about 3 days in order for the pork to cure.
5. After 3 days, you can now cook it by pouring some water into a pan and fry the pork into it.
MORE FILIPINO FOOD RECIPES HERE:
- filipinofoods on HubPages
I'm a restaurant owner in Manila, Philippines. Cooking Filipino foods and other Asian dishes is my passion. I am proud of Filipino culture and have...