- Food and Cooking»
- Dessert Recipes»
- Pies & Tarts
Toffee Pecan Tartlet
This simple recipe for this amazing tartlet was passed on from a great friend who, like me, is a lover of baking and sweet treats. Now in order to make this be sure that you have plenty of time.
Always feel free to pass on this great recipe. You can use it for parties, get togethers, and those evenings where you just want to relax and enjoy some sweets.
Garnish them how you like, I find that instead of using whipped cream, I add either french vanilla or butter pecan ice cream as a tasty garnish.
- 3/4 All Vegetable Shortening
- 6 Ounces Cream Cheese, Softened
- 2 1/4 All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1 14oz Can Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 Egg, Beaten
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- 1 Cup Pecans, chopped
- 3/4 Cup English Toffee bits
|Serving size: 1 tartlet|
|Calories from Fat||297|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 33 g||51%|
|Saturated fat 11 g||55%|
|Unsaturated fat 0 g|
|Carbohydrates 40 g||13%|
|Sugar 30 g|
|Fiber 2 g||8%|
|Protein 7 g||14%|
|Cholesterol 45 mg||15%|
|Sodium 230 mg||10%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Coat 12 Tart pans (4x3/4-inch) with a non-stick cooking spray or coat with oil.
- Beat the shortening and cream cheese in a large bowl with mixer until it is fluffy. Beat in salt and flour until a dough forms.
- Divide your dough into 12 even pieces. Pat them into your greased tart pans. Place the tart pans on a cookie sheet and bake them for 5 minutes.
- Now, whisk the sweetened condensed milk, vanilla, and egg in a medium bowl until it is smooth. Stir in toffee bits and pecans.
- Divide your mixture evenly into the 12 tart pans.
- Reduce the oven heat to 375 degrees and bake them for 17 to 20 minutes or until the tart is lightly browned.
- Let them cool completely and if desired, top them with whipped cream and pecan halves for a delicious garnish.