Tofu Soup Recipe - Easy and Healthy
soup in 20 minutes.
You can make this simple tofu
This soup is a family favorite and easy to prepare. As long as you have the ingredients on hand, you can throw this delcious soup together on a busy weeknight.
- 8 ounces firm tofu
- 1 medium onion, halved and sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 ounce ginger, chopped
- 1 carton ginger broth (or vegetable broth with extra ginger)
- 15 ounce package assorted, frozen vegetables
- 3 tbs. teriyaki sauce
- bunch of fresh cilantro
- spicy sauce, to taste
- Slice the tofu into four sections, lengthwise. Fold the tofu in a towel, so the moisture will be absorbed. Let this sit for at least 30 minutes.
- Sauté the onion, garlic, and ginger in a bit of the ginger broth (instead of oil).
- Once the onion start to become translucent, stir in the rest of the broth.
- When the broth comes to a boil, add the package of frozen vegetables.
- Reduce the heat, and let the soup simmer.
- Meanwhile, heat a pan over medium-low heat. Add the tofu slabs. If you don't have a non-stick pan, you will need to use a little oil.
- When the tofu turns a golden brown, flip the pieces over. Continue to cook until the other side is also golden brown.
- Remove the tofu from the pan, and let cool for a few minutes.
- Stir the teriyaki sauce into the simmering soup.
- Cut each slab of tofu into four pieces (you will end up with 16 pieces). Add to soup.
- Stir in the desired about of hot sauce and a handful of cilantro.
- Serve and enjoy.