- Food and Cooking»
- Cooking for Smaller Numbers
Tomato Soya Chunk Briyani with Yam Toast
TamilNadu Culinary : Side Dish - Yam ToastClick thumbnail to view full-size
Elephant Foot Yam:
1. It cures hypertension.
2. Helps to reduce cholestrol levels in
blood which promotes weight loss
3. It helps to maintain the hormonal
balance by increasing the estrogen
level in women. It can relieve the
women from pre-menstrual
syndrome as well.
4. Hemorrhoids patients are also
prescribed to have elephant yam.
5. Powerful antioxidant Vitamin C is
present which delays aging.
Source : Google
- Yields - 2 to 3 persons
- Cooking time - 20 mins
- Yam - 1/4 kg
- Turmeric Powder - 1/2 spoon
- Red Chilli Powder - 1 spoon
- Garam Powder - 1 spoon
- Ginger Garlic Paste - 2 spoons
- Salt - As needed.
Preparation before cooking : Approximate 1 and half hour
- Clean the Yam thoroughly until the soil in that should get rid off
- Now take a bowl of water and boil the yam for about 30 minutes in medium flame
- Once the Yam is boiled, cool it for 10 minutes.
- Now remove the outer surface of it and cut the Yam into medium slices
- Take the slices in a bowl and add the ginger garlic paste, red chilli powder, garam masala ,salt .
- Mix it thoroughly and keep this marinated yam for an hour
- Heat the Pan with low flame, add 2 spoon of groundnut oil .
- Now add those marinated yam and close it with a lid
- Once it becomes like a roast, turn it to the other side and toast for few more minutes.
- Now the healthy and appetizing yam is ready to serve as side dish for our Main course - Tomato Soya Chunk Briyani
TamilNadu Culinary : Main course - Tomato Soya Chunk BriyaniClick thumbnail to view full-size
Source - Google :Tomato
1.Impressive amount of vitamin A, C, and vitamin K, as well as significant amounts of vitamin B6, folate, and thiamin.
2.Antioxidant Agent,also protects the heart
3.Counter the Effect of Smoking Cigarette
4.Aid in Digestion
5.Used in the preparation of anti-
6.Prevent Urinary Tract Infections
1. SoyaChunks are High in Protein
2. Source of Vitamins B & Omega 3
3. Soya Chunks are High in Fiber
4. Reduces Risk of Osteoporosis
5. Helpful for Diabetic
- 3 spoons Ghee
- 1 Bay Leaf, Crushed
- 4 Cardamom, Crushed
- 2 Anise, Pieces
- 2 Indian tej patta, Pieces
- 3 Onions, Chopped
- 5 Tomatos, Chopped
- 2 Table spoon Ginger Garlic, Paste
- 100 gms Soya chunks, Soak it for more than an hour
- 1/2 cup Coconut milk
- 200 gms Seeraga Samba rice, Soak it for 30 mins and clean it well
- 1 Table Spoon Salt
- 1 Table Spoon Red Chilli Powder
- 1/2 spoon Turmeric Powder
- 1 Table Spoon Garam Powder
- 1 cup Coriander leaves, Chopped
- 2 Green Chillies, Sliced
Directions : Tomato Soya Chunk Briyani
- Take a deep bottomed pan or pressure cooker
- Add Ghee, once the ghee is heated up, add all the spices (Crushed Bay leaf,Cardamom,Anise, Patta) .
- Now add the chopped onions , green chilly and keep on cooking until the onion turns light brown
- Then add ginger garlic paste, cook till the raw smell goes off
- Now add the chopped tomatoes and little amount of salt inorder to get the tomatoes smushy
- Once the onion and tomatoes are cooked, add red chilli powder, turmeric powder, garam powder and the soaked soya chunks into the texture.
- Use a skimming spoon and mix all the ingredients
- Now add coconut milk and the soaked seeraga samba rice.
- Mix it well and add coriander leaves, water and salt.
- Close the pressure cooker and keep it for 2 whistles.
- Once it is done, let the pressure gets cooled down.
- Finally our Tomato Soya chunk briyani served hot with Yam toast and onion raitha.
© 2017 Kalaivani Velmurugan