Tomato, Cucumber and Onion Summer Salad Recipe
Tomato, Cucumber and Onion Salad
The summertime fills your garden with an abundance of fresh tomatoes and cucumbers. I love a good salad from the garden filled with tomatoes, cucumbers and onion with or without a dressing. This salad is very adaptable, you could also add mushrooms, avocados, raw squash, bell pepper, add and delete to get the flavors you desire.
Tomatoes come in lots of different colors and it really adds to the eye appeal of your salads.
This salad is especially delicious with barbecue, fried chicken, pork chops and chicken fried venison. These are just some of my favorite, it would really go well with about any meat.
- 1/2 cup Canola oil
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1tablespoon onion, grated
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 cucumbers, medium size, peeled or unpeeled
- 2 tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 1 red onion, Sliced
- In a small bowl, combine the first eight ingredients.
- Cover and chill for at least 2 hours.
- Mix the cucumbers, tomatoes, and onions, toss with the dressing.
- If you like horseradish add 1 teaspoon.
- You may add ¼ pound mushrooms quartered.
- To make the salad more colorful use different colors of tomatoes.
Tomatoes in all Colors
There are so many beautiful tomatoes to choose, from cherry to heirloom tomatoes.Colors range from Classic red, yellow, purple to white.
How to Make Cucumber, Tomato and Onion Salad Recipe
Salad with White Onions
Vote on your favorite garden vegetable.
What is your favorite summer garden vegetable?
© 2017 Margie Lynn