- Food and Cooking»
- World Cuisines»
- South Asian Cuisine
Simply Delicious - Best Spicy Indian Tomato Curry Recipe
A Curry For Spice and Chilli Lovers!
One of the curries I cook really well and which is enjoyed by my entire family would be 'Thick and Spicy Tomato Curry'. It's really easy to make and goes well with chappatis (Indian bread) and dosas (another Indian breakfast delicacy). If you are from outside of India, you can try this curry with bread or with rice even! I will leave that decision up to you...
Here, on this page, you will find the recipe to this delicious curry but be warned it can be a little too spicy for people who are not used to Indian cuisine. I like my food hot and spicy so this recipe caters to mine and my family's tastes!
You can alter the amount of chilli powder to suit your tastes. But I guarantee that this curry is absolutely delicious and will be enjoyed by curry lovers!
Best Spice for Your Curry!
2 Big Onions (Chopped)
3 Green Chillies (Chopped)
Tomatoes (4 Chopped)
Chilli Powder (1-2 tsp)
Turmeric Powder (1/4 tsp)
Salt (To Taste)
Cooking Oil (2-3 tbsps)
Mustard Seeds (1/4 tsp)
How To Make Simple Tomato Curry (Chutney)
1. Heat oil in pan.
2. When oil is hot, put mustard seeds.
3. When mustard seeds start popping, put chopped onions and green chillies into pan.
4. When you see the onions turning light brown (this comes with a smell of cooked onions), put chopped tomatoes.
5. Add the powders along with salt to taste.
6. Stir and put lid on pan. Keep on low flame.
7. Stir occasionally and check if tomatoes are ready (cooked/mashed).
8, You can add water if you want at this point if you like more gravy.
9. When tomatoes are cooked, stop the flame and serve!
The Best Curry Cook Book
- 5 Delicious, Easy-to-make, Healthy Kerala Breakfast Recipes
If you are on the lookout for some new breakfast recipes - why not try one of these South Indian delicacies? They are healthy, easy-to-make, and super delicious!
You Might Also Be Interested In:
- Top 10 Lip Smacking Photos of Sandwiches
Some really yummy sandwich photos. Want to try them out as well? No problem, the recipe link is provided below each photo. Feeling too lazy to cook? Then you can try one of these recipes out. They're lip smacking and do their job pretty well of satia