How to make Tomato Dosa or Thakkali Dosai South Indian Tamilnadu or Madras Style Recipe
Tomato Dosa South Indian Madras Style Recipe
- 2 cup Dosa Batter, (salt added)
- 2 Tomatoes, (medium size riped ones)
- 1-2 Red chilies
- 1 tea spoon Cumin seeds
- 1-3 Garllic
- Refined oil
- Grind the cumin seeds in a dry mixer. .
- Then add tomatoes, garlic, red chillies and grind to a fine paste by adding 1/4 teaspoon salt.
- Mix this tomato paste with the dosa batter nicely.
- Now we will make Tomato dosa.
- Heat a non stick tawa or pan in low flame. Add two drops of oil and rub with half onion.
- This process will prevent the dosa from sticking in the non stick tawa or pan.
- Pour 1 ladle of batter in the center of tawa or pan and spread it in a circular motion.
- Drizzle two tea spoons of oil around the dosa and across the dosa.
- Once the dosa is cooked to some extent, flip it over to the other side.
- Cook the other side also well and serve hot with any chutney or just idly milagai podi.
Note: Making of Dosa batter is not covered in this recipe. You can google and find on your own.
Refer my hub for making Idly Milagai Podi
- Idly Milagai Podi South Indian Madras Style Recipe
Idly Milagai Podi is a South Indian side dish recipe. It goes well, when mixed with Gingelly oil or coconut oil. This powder can be preserved for long period. Much suitable for Idli and Dosa varieties