- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes
Italian Tomato Herbed Chicken: Oh So Yummy
A friend of mine made this dish when I was invited over for dinner. I thought I had died and gone to heaven. There is nothing like walking into a house and inhaling the savory, aroma of tomato sauce with herbs cooking slowly on the stove or in a crock pot. This recipe will melt in your mouth. A simple green salad and warm bread will compliment this delectable dish. Bon Appetite!
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 whole medium chicken breasts, skinned and halved lengthwise
- 6 boneless chicken thighs (or legs), skinned
- 1 - 7 1/2 ounce can tomatoes, cut up
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 1 - 2 1/2 ounce jar sliced mushrooms, drained
- or fresh mushrooms if you prefer
- 1/4 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried or fresh basil, crushed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
More Comfort Food Recipes from Lambservant
- Combine onions, garlic, and 1/2 cup of water.
- Bring to boiling.
- Cover and simmer 10 minutes, or until onion and garlic are tender.
- Drain. Add chicken to skillet.
- Combine undrained tomatoes, tomato sauce, canned mushrooms, green pepper, basil, salt, bay leaf and a dash of pepper. Pour over chicken.
- Cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Stir in wine. Cook uncovered another 15 minutes.
- Remove bay leaf and skim excess fat from juices.
- Transfer to platter and serve.
|Serving size: 6|
|Calories from Fat||27|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 3 g||5%|
|Carbohydrates 7 g||2%|
|Protein 45 g||90%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|