- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes
Tasty and Spicy Tomato Kuruma or Thakkali Kuruma South Indian Style Recipe
Thakkali Kuruma or Tomato Kuruma is a typical south Indian dish which can be served with idly, dosa, rice and chapatti.I have prepared this mouth watery kuruma which was delicious and will surely make your tummy full. Do not miss to try this tasty dish.Your family is going to love it.
- 3 Tomatoes, (chopped)
- 1 Big Onion, (chopped)
- 1/4 teaspoon Mustard
- 50 ml Refined Oil
- 1 teaspoon Bengal gram
- 1 teaspoon Broken white gram
- 1/4 teaspoon Turmeric
- 2 teaspoon Rosted gram
- 2 tablespoon Coconut, (grated)
- 2 teaspoon Red chili powder
- 2 pieces Cinnamom
- 1/4 tea spoon Cumin seeds
- 2 pieces Cloves
- 2 Red chilli
- 1 tea spoon Salt
- 2 cup Water
- 1/4 cup Coriander, (chopped)
- 4-5 Curry leaves
- Prepare ground paste: In a blender or a mixer put the grated coconut, roasted gram, cinnamon, cloves, red chilly,curry leaves required water and grind to a fine paste.
- Place a pan in the flame and pour 2 tea spoon of oil and mustard seeds and wait till the seeds crackles.
- Then add Bengal gram, Broken white gram, cumin seeds one by one following the chopped onions. Fry the onions till it becomes golden brown.
- Put the chopped tomatoes with the mixture and add little water and boil it.
- Now add the prepared ground paste to the mixture and smash the tomatoes well.
- Add 1/2 tea spoon of red chilly powder, 1/4 tea spoon of turmeric, 1 tea spoon of salt and 1 cup of water and mix well.
- Close the lid and wait for 5 minutes till the ingredients get cooked.
- Chopped coriander leaves can be added on the top for garnishing the dish.
- Now your tasty Tomato or thakkali kuruma is ready to serve.
- Note:Salt and chili powder can be added later depending on your interest.