- Food and Cooking
Recipe | Egg With Tomato
Bengali Name: Tomatamrito
Don’t try to find the Bengali name in the net. You wouldn’t find it, because the name has just been given by me! (Tomato +Amrito). Amrito means elixir - A substance believed to cure all ills. But don’t be afraid of, I have tried it several times personally and my children are fond of this preparation.
Ingredients Serve for 2 - 4
- Fine red tomatoes 250 gm
- Mustard seed 1 tsp
- Mustard oil 2 tbsp
- Egg 2 no
- Turmeric powder 1/s tsp
- Salt to taste
- Wash and chop tomatoes
- Take oil in a pan and put it on low flame till smoke starts coming out.
- Add mustard seeds – keep safe distance as the mustard should crack.
- Add chopped tomatoes.
- Add turmeric powder and salt.
- Stir and put lid on the pan.
- Keep stirring frequently and cook it on low flame till it turns into a paste.
- Check for the seasoning and add more salt if required.
- Add eggs (Both yolk and white portion) and keep stirring so that it gets mixed up evenly.
- Cook for another 2 -3 minutes (keep stirring).
- Serve with fine rice. Normally it is taken after the spicy curries.