How to make Arisi Paruppu Sadham or Toor Dhal Rice South Indian Tamilnadu Style Recipe
Toor Dal Rice South Indian Madras Style Recipe
Prep time: 15 min
Cook time: 25 min
Ready in: 40 min
Yields: Serves two people
- 1 cup Rice
- 1/4 cup Sambar Dal/toor dal
- 10 Small onions, (Sliced)
- 2 Garlic, (smashed)
- 2 Tomatoes, (Cut into small pieces)
- 1 table spoon Bengal gram dal
- 1 tea spoon Turmeric powder
- 1/2 tea spoon Cummin seeds
- 1/2 tea spoon Pepper
- 3 Red chilies, (Cut into small pieces)
- 2 table spoon Refined Oil
- 1 tea spoon Mustard
- 3 table spoon Ghee
- 1 1/2 table spoon Salt
- 3 1/4 cup Water
Tempering of Mustard seeds, onion, red chillies, and rest of the ingredients in oil
Tomatoes added with rest of the ingredients for Sauteing
Drained rice and dal sauteed with existing ingredients
- Soak rice and toor dal in water for 1/2 an hour.
- Pour oil in the pressure cooker. Once oil gets heated, add mustard seeds and wait till seeds crackles.
- Now add Bengal gram dhal, red chilies, pepper, cumin seeds, one by one and fry till the Bengal gram dhal becomes golden brown.
- Put onions in the same cooker and fry till the onions become golden brown.
- When the onions are fried add tomatoes, garlic and saute for few minutes.
- Drain the water from the rice and dal. Put the drained rice and dal inside the same cooker and mix well with rest of the ingredients.
- Pour water inside the pressure cooker, put turmeric powder and salt.
- Close the lid and allow them to give 3 whistles. When the pressure got released, open the lid and pour the given quantity of ghee and mix well.
- Serve hot with Brinjal with Potato curry or pickle or curd or papad.