Top 10 most delicious wild food foraging recipes - #4. Nettle tea / tonic
Nettle tea is said to have the additional benefit such as producing shiny hair; helping achieve a healthy pregnancy; detoxing the blood and increasing iron intake.
Note When picking the nettles ALWAYS make sure you where gloves. Discard the stems as only the leaves are needed in the tea.
- 110g / 4 oz fresh nettle leaves
- 340ml / 12 fl oz boiling water
- Steep the stinging nettle for about 3-5 minutes
- Sieve the mixture and sweeten as required.
Other articles in this series
- Indian feast: Top 10 tastiest Indian vegetarian dishes for a truly memorable meal
Treat yourself, family and friends to a fabulous vegetarian Indian feast. This will be a truly memorable meal with everything from home-made balti onion bhajis, green cardamom popadums through to garlic & coriander tarka dhal and Spicy Mushroom R
- Top 10 chefs' tips
Want to know how to stop crying when you chop onions? Make the perfect roux? Cook fantastically fluffy and light basmati rice? Or simply an easy way to finely chop onions? Read on...
- Top 10 quick and cheap veggie meals (for £1 / $1.60 or less!)
Ten quick and easy vegetarian meals - from Indonesia and India to Italy, France and the UK.
- Top 10 must-have kitchen ingredients
You’ve got all the main ingredients to make your favourite dish but…you don’t have that essential ingredient which makes or breaks the meal. Here is a top 10 list of must have kitchen ingredients which you should always have in your kitchen cupboard
- Top 10 steps to going green
10 quick and easy ways to becoming more ecologically aware and moving towards a sustainable lifestyle. In short – going “green”.